Moving to Mission Creek

Hi I'm Briar, I am 16 years old and have been to 11 different schools because of my powers if one person finds out we have to move, but to be quite frankly honest I don't care anymore. This is probably my last year of school I am never going to make sixth form becuse I have dyslexia.

Mom thinks that we aren't going to have to move again but I highly doubt that. I have magic but I am very strong, fast and flexible.

I live with my Mom. People were shocked about me being born with these powers because no one else has any powers. To be fair I am a little frightened of them.

My Dad left when I was a baby and never wanted to or would want to come back at least that's what Mom told me. Although, there is something off about Mom. I mean she has very dark skin and I am pale as a ghost. She has fiery red hair and I have dark brown hair she says I get it from my father. I know for a fact that something is off but whenever I mention my father she breaks down and says that I think she is a bad mother so I just have to drop the subject altogether.

I have kind of just shut everyone out after move 3 Mom thinks that this will be a fresh start for us. We have just  left our old home. I'm not particularly bothered by this people used to call me freaky weird girl.

When we get to our new home Mom tells me to go and introduce myself to the new  next door neighbours but I can't show our powers or we probably would have to move again. I also had to take Mom's stupid cake which is probably indestructible.  She makes me do it every time we move. A lady opened the door she had short black hair with gorgeous caramel and  a warm, welcoming smile that could melt even the frozen of hearts "hi can I help you?" she asked graciously. I am so taken a back at her kindness. That I forgot why I was even here, "my mom sent me with a cake to introduce ourselves we live next door" I stuttered trying not to be awkward but completely failing in the process. She  gave me smile and invited me in "I'm Tasha, I will go get the rest of the group" and with that she walked off.

There house was huge and filled with technology. I look around when a high squeaky voice gives me a fright. "Who are you" I turn around and see this emoticon
His voice would make you want to rip your ears off. "You startled me" I say trying to be as polite as I possibly can "oh look at you I'm little miss poshington look at me" I hear footsteps behind me when I hear someone say "sorry about Eddy" it was just Tasha " They are just finishing some things off. Why don't you tell me more about yourself" I didn't know quite what to say. " well I am Briar and I'm 16 I have to move a lot because of my moms job" whilst we are talking 4 more people enter the room.