My Hoodie -» Bucky Barnes

Start from the beginning

''Uhm Hi..'' Your sleepy voice trailed off before a yawn escaped from your lips, causing Steve to chuckle at the sight.

''Sorry, did I wake you?'' Steve murmured, his facial expression giving away how guilty he was and you waved him off. You brought your legs from underneath you, moving slowly as you felt like your body had been hit with a ton of bricks before you stood up and gave him a tired smile.

''Don't worry about it, I should probably move to my bed anyway.'' You smiled at him before heading out of the room, shrugging from the chilled feeling of the floor and wrapped your arms around yourself. Looking down, you realised you were still wearing his hoodie and stopped in your tracks to take it off, ''Oh, I've got your sweater Steve.'' You reached your hand out to give it to him as he tore his attention of the screen.

''It's not mine, it's Bucky's.'' He couldn't help but chuckle lightly at how your smile dropped and your eyes went wide. ''Y/N, it's fine,'' He reassured you ''In fact, could you do me a favor and stop by his bedroom to hand it to him? He was asking about it earlier.'' Heat rose from your neck, knowing how protective Bucky was of his things and you gave Steve a nod before slowly making your way upstairs.

You were about to knock on Bucky's door when the door swung open and you took a quick step back before he could run you down. His eyes went wide from surprise, taking a deep breath as his mind caught up.

''Hey..'' His voice trailed off, his eyes taking in your sleepy appearance and you swore you could see the corners of his mouth twitch.

''Hey,'' You looked up at him with a small smile, His eyes boring into you. ''I'm sorry but I accidentally took your sweater. I thought it was Steve's and I was cold so I wore it. I'm sorry.'' Your ramble came out rushed and you could feel a slight blush fighting it's way to your cheeks.

He took you by a surprise when a breathy chuckle escaped his lips and he took the hoodie from your outstretched arm. ''It's all right Y/N, thanks for bringing it back.'' He glanced at you with a warm smile, the one he would sport every now and then, his eyes sparkling back at you and it took you a moment to realise that you were staring before you dropped your eyes to the floor.

''I just- I'm sorry.'' You let out a nervous chuckle before looking up at him with a shy smile, turning on your heel and making your way down the hallway, unaware of how his eyes followed you with a smile tugging at his lips.

''Bucky, are you coming?'' Sam's voice brought him out of his haze, bringing him back to what he was doing before he found you standing in front of his bedroom. Bucky glanced down at his hoodie in his hand and thought he'd let it do for now, knowing that Steve and Sam had been waiting long enough for him as he pulled it over his broad shoulders.
''What are we watching?'' Bucky asked as he joined them in the television room, glad to be in for a guys movie night.

Bucky shifted around in the sofa, snuggling into himself as he tried to get comfortable and something grabbed his attention - not something, a smell. He clawed at his hoodie before bringing it to his nose, feeling the sent of your fresh shampoo and perfume hit his senses. He subconsciously smiled at the thought, he quite enjoyed this new smell on his hoodie.

''Steve,'' Bucky prompted, causing the blonde man to turn to him and hum in response. ''Why does Y/N wear your clothes?'' Bucky was thankful of the dim lighting as the question rolled of his tongue, his cheeks warming up.

''She said something about being comforting one time,'' Steve shrugged his shoulders before furrowing his eyebrows at his friends sudden curiosity, ''Why?'' He asked hesitantly, both him and Sam now focusing on the dark haired super soldier.

''I'm just wondering.'' Bucky shrugged his shoulders, his bottom lip coming between his teeth as he contemplated Steve's answer. ''How does it bring her comfort?'' He let it slip past his lips, hoping to get more insight into your behaviour.