One and Only

Jack sighed, allowing himself to roam around the deck of the ship—The Queen Anne's Revenge. Try as he might to keep his thoughts on the Fountain of Youth, he couldn't. He was thinking of a different treasure, one that he was beginning to love more with every second that went by—Angelica. He knew he was foolish to think that maybe the day before they had something, with Scrum playing his mandola and himself and Angelica talking of the Fountain, with occasional romantic turns. In an instant, Jack felt all his old stirrings come back to him, throwing themselves in his face. The feeling was something Jack couldn't describe, he could only say that he felt jolts in his chest, stomach full of excitement and hope. Of course, he would never admit that to another human being, but he was willing to be honest with himself.

Jack was still sore and exhausted from the previous nights mermaid attack, not quite ready for them to reach their next destination the following day. The moon was high and the lanterns were bright, yet everybody but Jack seemed to be asleep. Being the only one on deck, Jack allowed himself to stare out into the water, letting the moon's reflection on the waves calm him.

"Bloody hell," he groaned, unable to shake the certain woman off of his mind.

He hadn't known why he grew such immense feelings again, he never had for anything else! Perhaps it was because he hadn't seen her in a long time, or he was beginning to appreciate her wit and charm, or better yet—she was the only real love he had ever had. Of course, there was Arabella, even Doña Esmeralda, but neither of them even came close to how he felt for Angelica. Jack smiled at the memories he had with Angelica, even the ones where she had tried to kill him and vice versa. It was no ordinary love, that was for certain. If Jack was going to be even more honest with himself, he wasn't even remotely interested in the Fountain anymore, all he desired was Angelica. Though they had talked the night before, he knew it didn't do any good. They were pirates, and no sweet talk would get either of them a pardon. Jack wasn't even considering double crossing her, though there was no doubt in his mind that she was already considering it. That was a pirate's life, though. Always has been, always will be. Calling it quits and shutting off his brain was something he was trying to do, slowly but surely succeeding. In moments like these, he just wished he had the Pearl back, sailing the seven seas by himself. He knew that soon enough he just may get his Pearl back, on the very ship he was on. The last few years had been a drag for Jack without his Pearl and without luck of finding the fountain; until now. Now he just needed the Pearl, and well—Angelica. He knew she was over him though, she was just a wonderful actress; a ruthless con artist. He felt sorry he had corrupted her, but was also glad she wasn't stuck in some convent all her life. She's one of the strongest, if not the strongest woman Jack has ever known or encountered, physically and mentally.

Jack froze as he heard noises that definitely weren't coming from him, the ship, or the water. Heart racing and fists clenched tightly, he slowly turned his head, only to find those brown orbs looking into his, feathers on the ebony hat swaying with the wind, scarlet jacket making noise with every step. He tried to play it off, turning back to his original position, but soon realized that he wouldn't be staying like that for too much longer. Angelica slowly approached him, crossing her arms against the ledge of the ship as Jack was doing, staring intently into his face.

"You're either ignoring me or really can't hear or see a thing." Angelica shrugged, staring out into the ocean.

"Neither, actually." Jack shot back, not daring to look at her. "What did you want?"

Angelica chuckled, shifting her weight onto a barrel.

"Can I not just come out for some fresh air? I didn't know you were still on deck." Angelica truthfully spoke, opening up a bottle of rum.