"I lost a bet to her over a stupid game we played and I promised her an ice cream"; Chris beat me into replying Sarah with an eye roll. Both I and Sarah laughed at his expression.

"Knock it off you two!"

"Jokes apart. You guys should consider cutting this ritual of yours. Someone can get hurt for real." Sarah said with concern.

"Sarah it's just harmless fun. Nothing had happened so far. Don't worry. "; I said throwing my arm around her shoulder.

"But seriously guys. Think about it. What if someone lose control. Or car crashes. Or some other worse accident happen. We are just kids after all, no adults. We shouldn't be playing with our lives like that not that I am saying adults should play with theirs' but you get my point right? We should not be this reckles-"

"Take a breath mother!! "; both I and Chris shout in union. Sarah blushed realizing she was babbling again, something she did when she was worried.

I agreed with her. To some extant yes we should not be doing this. By 'this' I mean it was a 'thing' of the boys of our group. All of us used to drive to a little further outside of town where a little rusty roads lied. They were unused most of the time. So all the boys would gather around with their cars and race and whoever wins...well nothing happens. They just win. We had been doing this since 3 years when we all formed this crazy group. Sarah was always the one to oppose it while Lacy always in favor. She sometimes rode in the car with one of the guys as well and me? Just in the middle.

"Sarah, chill! Nothing's gonna happen. You don't have to worry. "; Chris comforted her and she sighed in defeat. We all entered in our classroom. Chris and I set ourselves side by side with Sarah at the seat right before us. The class started in few minutes and while we were listening to Mr. Parker talking about some historical event Sarah slipped a note at our desk. Chris unfold it and it said; "Pick me up for that ice cream too!" My chuckle was followed by Chris's groan.

"Ahmmm"; I moaned chewing on to the piece of heaven in my mouth. Mostly students complain about the canteen food of their school but our school probably had the best canteen. Moreover it served the world's best burgers. When I open my eyes I was greeted by a stranger's face. He sarcastically waved at me and everyone started to laugh. I looked around the table in confusion as to why everyone found something funny suddenly. My eyes landed on stranger again and he pointed at the corners of my lips and it hit me. I picked the napkin from my tray and cleaned my clumsiness. I blushed while everyone was laughing. But he entertained an amused expression.

"Scott, this is my little sister. And little sister this is Scott"; Alex introduced.

"I'm not little sister. We are twins okay! "; said I

"Still he's a minute older than you, shorty! "; Chris replied. Alex called in for a high five as I rolled my eyes. 'Like that makes a difference.'

"Shorty, huh? "; Mr. Stranger wondered out loud. How I wish I could smack that teasing smile off of his face but lucky for him my burger is too precious for me.

"I'm not short!"

"Oh, yes you are not! "; said he. I smiled, "You are mini" too soon.

"I'm not mini!! ": I said. "And you don't get to nick name me"

"Why? Isn't that supposed to be me my decision? My mouth my choice, right? "

"You are nick naming me so no! It's my choice. Who are you anyway? "; I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm new student"

"I can see that genius"; I said like 'duh'

"Okay, that's enough. He's is interested in racing so he's going to join us tomorrow"; Said Alvin, excitedly. I looked at Scott and he gave me a bright grin. I mentally groan. It's not like I don't like making new friends. Its good... but only when new friends are nice. This guy right here screams trouble in his black shirt and blue jeans. Typical much? I looked around the table again to see if someone else is bothered by his presence but everyone seemed to be enjoying his company. He was talking about some story of his previous school and everyone was liking and laughing except me.

Well then, welcome to the group, buddy!

I looked at the piece of heaven in my tray and it did not looked much appealing now.

Alex and Scott made arrangements among themselves that Scott was dropping I and Alex home since our mother wouldn't be able to make it. So sweet of him, right? Note the sarcasm my friend. Topping that, I discovered that I share sports class with Scott after lunch. You must be thinking why i sound so annoyed at him. After all he was helping me and Alex by giving us a lift and it might be good to have someone in sports? I get it. I do... but think about it? Do you meet someone that does not just click with you because of their teasing smiles and how they are so easily breaking down the comfort walls? That's how it was with him. He was acting like he had known our group since diaper days which was quite unsettling to me.

We all said our byes and separated our ways to go home sweet home. When I open the back seat door of Scott's car I heard Chris drive by me shouting

"5'4 is short, shorty!"; he laughed and speed off.

"The name is Emily Harper and I am not short! " I said hoping he heard it.

*******

Hey readers! I have been wanting to post it for awhile now. so yeah, PLEASE tell me what do you think. leave the comments below and PLEASE vote and share. I need all encouragement i can get to continue this. It's a sudden move so there's no introduction for this story yet. i will write it soon. and i might change the title too. Basically nothing's certain about this story except this chapter right now. Thanks for reading!