Prologue

Louis helps his mother carry the last box into the moving van, sighing in defeat. He turns back to stare at his childhood home, fond memories flowing through his thoughts. It was a beautiful home, large landscape taking over the backyard, brick exterior, and a fireplace which will always hold the precious family moments. Unfortunately for Louis, he doesn't quite understand why they have to leave such a sacred place. He had fought consistently with his mother on why they should stay, throwing tantrums to make his opinion stated. He realizes how much of a child that makes him seem, but his heart is breaking having to leave Doncaster.

"Louis, stop your pouting. You and the girls are going to love our new house. You'll just have to adjust." Louis' mother,  Johanna, kisses the top of his head, bringing all of the siblings together for one last look at their family home. As the sadness creeps over the family, they pull together to drive away from their beloved home.

I really hope she's right.

-

As they start approaching the neighborhood, Louis believes that the house will be a cardboard shack in comparison to their original. Nothing, of course, could compare to what they all shared in that home. The teenager grumbles as they pull closer, wanting nothing more than to pull away, jump from where he sits, and run back to his hometown. They pull into the new neighborhood, taking in their surroundings. The yards are well groomed, the houses are freshly painted, and overall, it seems nice. When they pull in front of the house, Louis supposes he could say the house is nice, because it is...nice. It's not far off from what their home use to look like. There are two stories, some brick detailing on the outside,  windows in the front of their home, not their home, but something they could adjust to.

"Lewis, forgot your flower crown." Lottie, one of the many younger girls, laughs, throwing the band of flowers atop her brother's head. They jump out of the vehicle, examining the houses around them, curiosity filling them as they wonder what the inside will reveal.

"I told you to stop calling me Lewis!" Louis whines, pushing the band down over his hair. Lottie has been known for teasing her brother over the frilly piece of fashion but nonetheless admires him for the courage to wear it. No one can exactly pinpoint when the flowers came into play, but the family welcomed it with bright eyes and open arms, nothing but love in reaction. Johanna opens the door to the new residence, stepping inside.

"Go on, loves. Explore! I'm sure you will love it. Be careful about the door, though. It's got a strange lock. Might get yourselves locked out." She pushes them along, the children running free, immediately flying up the stairs. Louis nearly gets knocked over from the two older girls shoving past him, helping the smallest sisters carry their little legs up with him. 

"I call this room!" Lottie shouts, running into a random room. Another voice joins in to protest, a battle of siblings sure to take place. One room, in particular, catches Louis' attention. He walks into the room, a large window taking up most of one wall. He looks out the window, eyes growing wide. There's another window like this one on the house directly next to theirs. There are curtains covering it up, but the curiosity is eating him alive. Who's on the other side of the large, glass window?