Chapter 34 Breath

Start from the beginning

“How was the meeting?” she asked as she changed positions so she was sitting on it properly. Hidan sat on the couch next to her with a bit of anger in his eyes. “Hidan?” asked Thanerah as she felt concern for him.

He looked at her then said, “The Elders believed that war will come soon, from an enemy we all thought went into extinction thousands of years ago.”

Thanerah didn’t understand it completely so she asked him, “Wh-What’s the Natoku? Is it a monster or something?”

Hidan breathe in softly as he relaxed on the couch, then he started to explain to her “The Natoku is another religion but it’s more...bloodier than Jashinism.”

Thanerah arched a brow, “Really? I thought this religion is already bloody enough. I mean, you kill as sacrifices for Lord Jashin.”

“That’s because Lord Jashin demanded it and I had to sacrifice as many as possible to him because I refused to return here.”

“What happens if you stop sacrificing to him?”

“Then he’ll take my soul away; lock me in an eternal prison where I’ll never meet peace.”

Thanerah softened her eyes at him then she asked, “So, tell me about the Natoku religion.”

“Natoku is another God, well a God of Pain. His religion required long torture until the victim is barely alive and just leave them to die slowly without any success of surviving, even with medical attention.” Hidan said gravely as he crossed his arms on his chest.

“Isn’t Jashinism any different?” 

“Jashinism only requires the death of the victims that Lord Jashin chooses or accepts. With the Natoku religion, it chooses anyone.”

“Are they hard to kill?” asked Thanerah as she played with her fingers a bit

Hidan let out a small scoff and said, “No, not much. But due from my rank and skills I could kill them quickly without making a fucking mess.”

“But with someone like me?”

Hidan glanced at her then said, “Well, it would be hard for you to kill them. They’re fast so you’d be dead within seconds.”

“How very thoughtful of you,” sarcastically said Thanerah

Hidan grumbled a few curse words under his breath and said “Hey I’m just telling you the fucking truth here, Thanerah.”

Thanerah sighed heavily and then asked him, “How do you know that they’re still a few Natoku followers alive?”

“We have some information from the GRIM Jashinist survivors. They’re gathering information as much as fucking possible as we speak. It’s not that fucking easy, you know?”

“I know, I know,” said Thanerah. She glanced at Hidan, “Do they know the location of the Natoku?”

“Sorry Thanerah but I can’t tell you that. High class information,” said Hidan.

Thanerah groaned under her breath then looked at her crystal, “I wish there was an easy way to get stronger...” Soon her hands were covered by a slightly larger one so she looked at Hidan

“You just have to train harder, Thanerah. That’s all.” He pulled his hand away from hers and pointed at himself with a grin “And besides, I’m the fucking General so I can fucking train you in private.”

Suddenly Thanerah hugged him tightly; he seemed surprise but smiled softly as he hugged her back. “Thank you, Hidan.”

Hidan let out a small laugh, “That’s what fucking husbands are for.” 

--

“Lower,” Thanerah flinched as she tried to lower herself. “Lower,” he demanded once more. Soon she felt his hand being pulled away “Now relax” she let out a sigh of relief when she sat up.

Hidan was standing behind her while wearing a black tank top with black long pants with silver linings at the sides. Thanerah was sitting cross legs on the floor while wearing a grey tank top with black baggy pants that ends underneath her knee.

“Come on, Thanerah. If you want to fucking get stronger, you have to fucking push yourself from your limit,” said Hidan as he crossed his strong arms on his chest.

Thanerah glared at him over her shoulder with hot sweats running down from her brow. “I-I’m trying.”

“Well you’re not fucking trying hard enough!” said Hidan.

Hidan was training Thanerah but he was training her to flex her muscles so she could be more flexible in battles. Thanerah only looked away from Hidan and take in deep breaths to calm herself and her muscles. Soon she felt hands resting on her shoulder

“Look, I know I may seem fucking harsh but there are worse things than this,” said Hidan as he rubbed her shoulders. Thanerah let out a soft moan then said to him with a small smirk

“You’re good...”

Hidan smirked softly “It’s a fucking good way to make your muscles to relax. Try to take in some fucking deep breaths.”

“Don’t you ever stop using the ‘fuck’ word in a sentence?” asked Thanerah before she moaned softly

“There are fucking times that I don’t swear but this is who I am, so deal with it.”

Thanerah let out a small laugh before taking in deep breaths as he ordered her to.