"Closer You and I"

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ella POV:

Luis just walked me to my apartment after our date. He was telling me something cheesy when out of nowhere, someone coughed loudly and just appeared in the gate.

Who the hell are you? What the hell are you doing here? Where’s Mang Caloy? Isn’t he should be the one who’s here?

            Luis positioned as if he was going to punch the guy’s face when I recognized who that person is.

Wa..wa..wait, Luis. Calm down, I think I know him. Kiefer!!! What are you doing here? Are you looking for someone?

“I’m actually here for you.”

Kiefer said.

But why are you here? How did you know where I’m at?

Kiefer was about to come near to me, but Luis grabbed my hand, and he looked at Kiefer fiercely. But I insisted him to just go home and leave this to me, when my phone rang.

Hello, Dad?

“Anak. Is Kiefer there? I asked him to fetch you since Mang Caloy had an emergency call from their house. Mang Caloy accompanied him first to your apartment. That’s how Kiefer knew where your apartment is. He can’t be able to bring you here so I asked Kiefer to just bring you here.”

Dad said.

Dad? Are you sure? He might bring me somewhere else. I don’t trust him.

“Of course, your Tito Bong and Tita Mozzy offered this, since they also want to see you. I knew I can trust Kiefer. No buts, just go with Kiefer and go here immediately.”

I sighed.

Okay, Dad. See you.

I explained Luis everything and he didn’t argue anymore. He just left me and went home. But I’m still in doubt with Kiefer. But for courtesy, I let Kiefer enter my crib and have something to eat.

Hey, I know you just got stuck with this. You don’t actually want to be here, right? Ugh, this really creeps me out. Why you? Why did my dad asked you? Why not Mac instead (Dad’s secretary)?

“Can you please just stop asking and hurry up. Just fix your stuff and we’ll go. I still have to go somewhere tonight.”

Fine. By the way, you wanna ea—

            “HURRY!”

I was startled by his voice so I fixed all my stuff. I didn’t even have had the chance to make something to eat. He just grabbed my bags and put it inside his car.

“Get in.”

I just went inside the car (on the front seat beside him) and kept silent. I wander why the heck is he that mean towards me? Have I did something wrong?

Kiefer POV:

I’m really the one who wanted this. I don’t want to go to that party I am talking about so I asked Tito Rene if I can go. I really wanted to see Ella again, badly. I think, I kinda miss her.      

Ella is still the same. She is still pretty and loud. But it’s been a long time since I last saw her. Maybe she was really busy with her studies, since her Dad has high expectations from her. But why am I doing this? Why so mean to her? Oh.

            I see her stare at the car’s window. Silence just filled the moment when her phone rang again.

“Hello, Twink? Oh, how are you? How’s your night-out?”

“I’m fine, I enjoy here. How about you? You’re off to Makati, right?”

said the girl from the other line.