The return of the First Pony.

Start from the beginning

"This is where you'll be sleeping for a while, Yin will be in soon to tell you a story before bed." Death said.

"Yin?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"He's the chaotic side of the First Pony, Yang's the peaceful side, and was the one who was bringing you here." Death replied. "They are the same pony, but yet, they aren't."

The First Pony walked in, but instead of being white with a black mane and tail, he was black with a white mane and tail, Death gave him a somewhat dark glare.

"Don't scare them that bad, start with something small." Death said in a stern tone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it!" The First Pony replied, but his voice was higher than it was earlier, and it even sounded more chaotic. "Hey, I'm Yin, nice to meet you." He said as Death left the room.

"Hey." Everypony said.

Yin sat down. "Okay, so this story is about how everything was created!" Yin started.

"It needs to be more entertaining for a young audience." The First Pony's first voice said next to Yin.

"Bah, shut up, Yang!" Yin scoffed. "You never let me have fun!"

"Uh, can I choose the story?" Apple Bloom asked, Yang looked at her. "I think we'd much rather hear the story about you."

Yin got a distant look on his face. "What are they teaching in school nowadays?" He asked.

"I don't know, but let's not disappoint." Yang's voice replied.

"Okay, well... After the creation of Discord we had to recharge our magic, and spent a really long time away in hiding." Yin said.

"Three thousand years." Yang added.

"Shaddap! I'm telling the story!" Yin yelled. "Anyways... we knew that the only way to stop Discord was with a power stronger than him, and we knew just the thing, so we made two ponies who were born with cutie marks."

"Those destined to defeat Discord with magic like no other." Yang added.

"If ya can't guess who they were then something is truly wrong with Equestria." Yin added.

"Is it... the princesses?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yes." Both Yin and Yang said in unison.

"Well, why did you go back into hiding after that?" Scootaloo asked.

"Because the world no longer needed us as badly." Yang said.

"The princesses were to take our place in a way, there to lead Equestria." Yin said as he waved his hoof around.

"We told them we would only return when a mistake was made, but they have been doing well." Yang said.

"Yup, and we've just been hiding out here since then, playing games, eating rice, raising a child, bothering the locals, all that good stuff!" Yin said.

 "You have a child?" Spike asked.

"He's the Pony of Death, the one with the markings of death itself." Yang replied.

"Even though he's nearly 10,000 years old now." Yin added.

"Why is the Pony of Death out here with you?" Apple Bloom asked. "Wouldn't he be fine in town as the rest of us?"

"Many years ago when the world was still young and the legends were being taught in classes and schools, the princesses were treated like the others as well as anypony else, but they had cutie marks that they didn't know what they meant." Death said as he walked into the room carrying a tray of something. "I knew the princesses before they were princesses and even before I knew I was the Pony of Death, but with all the blank flanks who were too old to get cutie marks started to attack marked flanks, so we were banished."