Mira

I can't believe it... Today is the day I finally get Lonzo back. 
  I'm completely unable to sleep due to my excitement but I lay in bed anyway so that I don't wake Grant.  Oh, Grant.  Without him, I wouldn't yet be reunited with my brother, I wouldn't be free of the Glittering Court, and I wouldn't be engaged to the man I love.
  Things could not be more perfect.
  Adelaide is getting married in a mere 24 hours with Tamsin and I as her bridesmaids.  It's said to be the greatest event Adoria has yet to see, and I believe it.  She was a Noblewoman, for crying out loud- she knows how to throw a party.
  Grant begins to stir and I can't help smiling.  I carefully lift myself up and straddle his hips, my hair falling around my face as I look down at him.
  He opens one eye.  "I like being woken up like this... Why are you looking at me like that?" He yawns.
  I can't contain my excitement.  "Lonzo is coming home today!!!"
  He smiles a bit.  "I'm aware... You've reminded me every day since you found out..."
  "I just- I can't believe it, Grant.  I can't believe everything you've done for me... I don't deserve it."
  He looks confused as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.   "Saasa, of course you deserve it.  I love you... There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, and I know the same goes for you to me."
  "Of course-- more than that, even..." I smile down at him softly.  "And I love you too." I kiss him quickly and then I begin getting ready for the day.
  He watches me with a smug look until I throw a pillow at him.
  "Get dressed.  You're not meeting my brother without a shirt on."
  "Why? You think he'll be intimidated by me?" He smirks and pretends to flex.
  "No, I think he'll murder you," I say seriously.
  "Don't let your brother know that I'm sleeping with you... Noted." He gets up and begins searching for clothes.
  I struggle in the mirror to button up my dress and Grant is quick to come help... Though, I'm not so sure 'help' is what he wants to do.
  He buttons it tantalizingly slow, making sure to brush his fingers against the skin of my back, causing a shiver to run through me.  As he buttons, he begins kissing my neck and pulling me back toward the bed.
  "Grant," I whine.  "This is counter-productive."
  "I don't know, I find this to be an excellent use of our time..."
  I laugh and pull away from him teasingly.  "If you catch me, then this is how we can spend our morning."  I run into the living room quickly to avoid his grasp.
  He catches me easily, both of us toppling on to the couch I recently made him purchase.  My argument was that it was another place for us to not sleep.  He didn't argue with that logic.
  I laugh as he pins me down hungrily.  "I win."  He holds my hands above us and begins kissing me passionately, making my thoughts turn to liquid.
  "Knock Knock," booms Silas' voice before bursting into our apartment.  I let out a small shriek and Grant falls off of me, onto the floor.
  Silas looks both of us over and crosses his arms.  "Is that the only thing the two of you have done while I was away?"
  Grant mumbles something unpleasant in Balanquan as he stands up again.  "Silas... You're home... What a delight," he says sarcastically.
  "Don't use that tone with me, boy.  I'm trying to protect you both.  You may be engaged, but what are you going to do when you get her pregnant so soon?  You'll most certainly be locked away."
  Both Grant and I go incredibly red.
  "We're not stupid," Grant mutters.
  "No, you're worse than stupid.  You're young and in love..." He rolls his eyes.  "Now I didn't come to lecture you, though The Six know I could go on for hours...  You know I'm not big on wedding details, but Aiana insists I talk to you about a few things...  Grant, she has connections that can get word to your father and uncle...  Would you like them to be in attendance?" He looked like the idea was horribly unpleasant to him, but he had to suggest it.
  Grant looks taken aback.
  I stand up and gently take both his hands in mine and his eyes lock on mine quickly.
  "What do you think?" He asks softly.
  I'm a little shocked by the fact that he trusts me to make this decision.  "Well... I'm not really sure what I think, to be honest.  I've never met either of them." I pause.  "I think the real question is whether or not you want them in your new life... Do you feel like they should be a part of it?"  I rub my thumb on his knuckles gently because I can tell he's agitated.
  "I feel..." He hesitates.  "I feel like they should see how far I've come, see who I am.  But I also know that I have all the family I need right here." He glances from me to Silas and my heart warms.  "Tell Aiana she can extend an invitation to them- as guests only... Not as my father or my uncle."
  Silas nods silently, though I can tell he's touched that Grant called him family.  He clears his throat and looks down.  "Now that that is settled... Mirabel, who would you like to walk you down the aisle? I know it is traditionally a father's job, but due to circumstance you will have to choose a substitute."
  For a moment I consider Lonzo, but I'm not even sure if he will be on board with the whole wedding thing.  Even if he is, I have another job I'd like him to do.  That leaves one clear choice.
  I look up at him.  "Would you do it, Silas?"
  His eyes widen.  "I beg your pardon?"
  "What? You always say 'if you were my daughter'... Technically, I'm going to be your daughter very soon anyway..." I shrug.  "It's a logical choice.  Besides,  I'd really like it if you would.  It would mean a lot to me..."
  He falters for a minute but then nods slowly.  "Of course... I'm honored that you would pick me..." I can tell he's feeling slightly emotional, but wouldn't dare show it.  I smile and hug him quickly, taking him by surprise.  When I let go of him, Grant takes my hand once again and smiles down at me.
  "Is that it? Was that everything you needed to talk to us about?" Grant asks.
  "Yes..."
  "Good.  Now please leave to we can continue what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted." He smirks and kisses me again slowly, not caring if we have an audience or not.
  "Not a chance," Silas says, pulling us apart.  "I'm not going to condone this... Plus, I'm supposed to be taking you to meet Mirabel's brother at the docks in half an hour."
  My eyes widen.  "He's going to be here so soon?" I grin.  "What are we waiting for? Grant, put on a shirt, for goodness sake... We're going to be late."
   He smirks. "Yes, dear."