Smooth

Summary:

Adena is used to being the calm one. Before her and Kat started dating, Kat was the one that would blush and stammer and fidget with her phone while Adena played it cool. Or at least, try to play it cool. So it was a surprise for Adena when Kat left her dazed and smiling like an idiot.
Notes:

I love The Bold Type. Smooth Kat is probably my favorite Kat.
Chapter Text

   Adena loves moments like this. She is currently sitting on the floor wearing one of her oversized paint stained shirts with melodic music loudly playing in the background. Her back hurts from bending over the canvas the past hour and her right leg has been twisted in a weird angle so she could reach the top corner of it. Deciding that she needed to stretch before her leg permanently stays that way, Adena sets aside her paint brushes and walks over to the counter across the room. She remembers when she bought her apartment and when she immediately set up an art studio in front of the giant window that faces the city.

   She was too caught up looking at the view outside the window and allowing the breeze to cool down her warm skin that she didn't hear footsteps moving towards her. A pair of arms wrap around her waist and Adena's heart start racing the moment she smells Kat's perfume, calming her and driving her nuts at the same time. She leans into the embrace, and places her hand on top of Kat's.

"I didn't hear you come in."

"I know, I have been staring at your gorgeous back for 5 minutes. What were you thinking you about?"

"Nothing, just living in the moment."

"You do that a lot these days."

"Well, there are a lot of great moments to live in."

"I can agree with that..." Kat softly kisses the side of Adena's neck while her hands hold her waist.

Adena feels Kat lightly nip at her neck and her hands grip the counter top, trying to control her breathing. She turns around in Kat's arm and places a gentle kiss on her lips, Adena knows how much Kat loves it when she does that. She says it remind her of their first kiss. Suddenly, Kat grabs the back of Adena's thighs and lifts her up. Adena wraps her legs around Kat's waist and her face shows a look of surprise. Kat has never really been this assertive when it came to kissing, and she really likes it. Kat sets her down on the counter and trails kisses and soft bites across Adena's jaw and down her neck. Adena's hand ends up gripping Kat's soft, curly, brown hair, her face flushed , and her bottom lip caught between her teeth. Right when Adena's hand was about to unbutton Kat's top, the other woman steps back and leaves a space between herself and the artist.

"What..." Adena shakes her head, trying to shake off the slight dizziness.

Kat is looking at Adena like she's art, and at the moment Kat can't tell the difference. With Adena sitting on the counter in front of her, the sun light coming from the window giving her a bright aura, the breeze blowing the loose strands of her hair, her neck and cheeks baring a slight blush, and the collar of her shirt stretched down giving Kat the perfect view of her smooth skin.

Adena has been staring at Kat, waiting for her next move. She doesn't know why Kat suddenly stopped but the view in front of her almost makes it worth it. Kat leaning on her right leg, her hip jutted out, her hair slightly messy, lips slightly swollen, and her eyes. Her eyes have a new look to them that Adena has never seen before. She's looking at her the same way Adena looks at art. And it's driving her nuts.

"I have to go back to work and you should go back to your paintings." Kat says, smirking at the disappointed look on Adena's face.

"I can paint later."

"No...," Kat takes three steps towards Adena, placing her hands on the counter behind her. "I have plans for later."

The social media director presses a soft kiss on Adena's lips and lingers a centimeter away, looking Adena right in the eye long enough to leave her breathless before stepping back and grabbing the jacket she dropped on the floor earlier.

"I'll text you when I get there." Kat doesn't even look back as she walks out the front door, with an extra sway to her hips.

Adena is currently sitting on the counter, her mouth wide open, and wondering what the fuck just happened. Her phone buzzes beside her and she gets a text from Kat that she can't help rolling her eyes at.