Chapter 12//Netflix is my boyfriend

Start from the beginning

When Kyle bursts through the stairwell doors I am floating, no more like shooting above the stairs. I just lifting myself off of the ground and I am now flying. I see the familiar look of amazement cross over Kyle's face as he sees me. I should start keeping count of the numerous times he's underestimated me.

Once I've safely landed back on my feet at the top of the stairs, a grin slowly creeps onto my face. I just flew! I feel like Superman. The thought makes the grin on my face creep even higher. In the end I made it to my room before they could reach me.

The pounding of fists on my door ceased after about 15 minutes, but the over-enthusiastic text messages didn't stop for a while. When my room mates finally came back from their classes I was curled up in a ball on the floor.

"What the hell happened to you?" Saskia asks.

"Boy troubles". I respond

"I totally understand," Ashley says, "I'm still having trouble getting Jack to understand the wonders of bathing.".

The four of us burst out laughing. Even Becca is struggling to hold in her tears. But I know that my happiness will be short lived since I have to continue avoiding Kyle for the rest of the week.

Oh god...

//time lapse to the next day//

Day 3:

Today I managed all of my classes without running into Kyle. I'm surprised that he left me alone since he sent me a very specific text message that 'he would find me if he had to turn the school upside down'.

Day 4:

No text messages.
No messengers.
No Kyle.

The whole day, Kyle was absent, due to 'alpha responsibilities'. What a joke!

Everything was boring and pointless, until I went back to my dorm.

As I walked through the door I was bombarded with a flurry of dresses, shoes, jewellery, make up, curlers and straighteners.

"What the hell is happening right now?!?" I shriek.

All girls stop what they are doing before shrieking in my face.

"KYLE'S THROWING A PARTY!!!".

"I'm not going".

"What do you mean your not going?!?! You don't plan to just sit in bed with a tub of chocolate chip ice cream all night! Plus, Kyle is your boyfriend, you can't ditch him".

"First of all I was thinking more rocky road than chocolate chip and second of all... KYLE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!"

"Well that's what Kyle is telling the whole school".

Anger courses through me. If he thinks that he can bait me into coming to this stupid party then he has another thing coming.

Actually, no.

I am gonna go. But only to prove to him that he doesn't own me. I'm gonna leave him grovelling at my feet for forgiveness. But first for the hard part...

Letting Ashley dress me.

********

(Without the bow, but DEFINITELY with the phone case)

In the end Ashley decided on dressing me in a red crop top with a zipper down its centre, a short black skirt that shows off my curves, a black leather jacket and red heels. For my makeup I went with a smokey eye look and red lipstick that matches my red nails. Then last but not least I decided to leave my hair out in its natural curls.

By the time all of this has been accomplished I feel exhausted. Now, I'm staring into my reflection as the rest of the girls jump up and down behind me. I'm absolutely astounded. The girl looking back at me is not the girl I remember. This girl is just as bold as me, but instead shows it with tight fitting clothes instead of being herself.

I feel extremely uncomfortable with all the makeup but I also feel bold and powerful. A smirk appears on my blood red lips.

Time to show Kyle who he's messing with.

**********

The music is blasting from the boys dorm making me wince. Drunk teenagers scatter the lawn, the stench of alcohol filling the air. As the girls and I approach the door I have to squeeze past a couple on the porch, as they attempt to suck each other's faces off.

You gotta love adolescence.

However, as I enter the building, what catches my attention is Kyle. I spot him leaning against the wall having a joke with some of his friends and can't help the flush that creeps onto my cheeks.

But I quickly recover my cocky attitude, remembering why I'm here.

When I look back to Kyle with a smirk on my face, I see that he has literally dropped his drink on the floor and is staring at me along with the other two guys he was talking to. His gaze runs over my body from head to toe, taking in my appearance, then his jaw visually falls open.

That'll teach him not to underestimate me.

I quickly look back to the girls, giving him a wonderful view of the back of my skirt, reaching mid thigh.

"Is he still looking?" I ask.

Saskia grins, "Shamelessly".

"I told you that I'd make you irresistible." Ashley says smirking.

I grin back at her, then grab her hands, "You are truly devious my friend".

"Ok enough with all this boy talk, I came here to let loose! Let's dance!" Becca says loudly, surprising us.

I look at her with an eyebrow raised.

"What? In my opinion geeks are the ones who party hardest." She says grinning.

"Let's go find out!" Saskia yells over the crowd, before dragging us into the crowd of sweaty teenagers.

I let myself forget all my troubles as I dance to the music with my friends. For once I'm able to feel happy and content.

If only I knew how the night would go...