Divergent: The Faction Life

Thanks to Jo Jo
Who inspired me to write this.

------------------------------------

AN: IN THIS STORY, NOBODY HAS DIED, EVERYONE IS STILL ALIVE (LIKE WILL, HER MOM, HER DAD, ETC) AND THE FACTIONS ARE STILL IN PLACE. THIS STORY TAKES PLACE AFTER THE RANKINGS.

I lay in bed, still not believing I was ranked first. I'm still not sure what job I want. I definitely don't want to leader-in-training, and I'm not artistic enough to work in the tattoo parlor. The only other good job is instructor. If I took that job, I could work with Tobias. Before I can think about it anymore, I hear my bedroom door open and I feel something heavy fall on the foot of my bed.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." It's Tobias. Even though I've been laying awake for a while, I close my eyes so he thinks I'm sleeping. When I don't respond, he crawls closer to me, not on the foot of the bed anymore. Now he lays right next to me. I can feel his eyes studying my features. It takes everything in me to not laugh. After a moment, I decide to surprise him. My eyes still closed, I lunge forward and blindly kiss him. When he pulls away, I open my eyes.

"You were awake the whole time?" He asks, playfully. I nod in response.

"I've been awake for a while, thinking." At me saying this, he furrows his eyebrows in concern.

"Is there something bothering you, Tris?"

"No. I've just been thinking." I respond, getting out of bed.

"About..?" He asks, waiting for me to explain.

"Just about everything. Where I want to go with my life, etc. You know, those kinds of things." I murmur back. He nods, thoughtfully.

"I assume that I'm apart of those thoughts?" He asks, leaning his head on his hand, which is resting on the pillow. I nod, pulling my pajama shirt over my head, revealing my bra.

"Yes, you actually are a major part of them." As I stand half-naked, looking for a shirt, I feel his eyes watching me intensely. I stop and turn to him.

"Can you like, close your eyes or something..?" I see him laugh.

"Still embarrassed of yourself?" He gets out of bed and hugs me while saying this. I tense up, and pull away from him.

"Just let me get dressed." I murmur, feeling angry and embarrassed at the same time. I see him roll his eyes as he walks to my bedroom door.

"You know, Tris, if we ever live together, you'll have to get comfortable around me." As he closes the door behind him, and I continue looking for a shirt, I feel confusion run through me.

If I love him, which I know I do, why do I feel like I need hide myself from him? I hear a voice in my head answer:

If he finds out how you are built like a child, he won't like you anymore.