Chapter 2: Contest Rules

~I didn't know people actually read my story so ill start updating more!~

Quinn's POV

--

"That wraps up the contest video! Are you excited?"

"Definitely. I know I have a lot of fans, and I wish I could connect with them all, but I think this is a good idea Kelsey. Thank you for setting it up," I said.

She walked out of the room with her small but pleasant smile. Kelsey was my manager. She is not only the best manager of all, she's a good friend. Someone to talk to now that I have no time to talk with friends.

That's the thing out being famous. Everyone always thinks it's a glamorous life. But the only friend I've made since high school besides Kelsey is a girl named Nadia. We don't talk that often, but I haven't talked to friends like Santana and Brittany in ages.

But I was bored, and even though I had work to do, I called Nadia to invite her over to my office.

After 3 rings, she picked up.

"Hello?" she said faintly.

"Hi Nadia. It's Quinn. I haven't spoken to you in a while. Would you like to come over?"

"Quinn you know I love you but I have plans. A date actually."

"You have a date? With who?"

"Just a boy I met at a coffee shop. His name is Noah."

I didn't really know what to say. I haven't been on a date in forever and Nadia knew that.

"Quinn?" she asked with concern in her voice.

"Yea, sorry, have fun."

"I'll try, but I want you to try and have some fun tonight too. It's Saturday. Go make some friends."

"I'd rather work."

She forced a chuckle. I knew she wasn't really interested in my problems.

"Well I'll see you soon, I hope," I said after a short but awkward silence.

"Bye."

The line was dead shortly after. I hesitated and then hung up. I wanted a family. Or something close to it.

But I definitely did not want to do work, so I drove home and searched for something interesting to do. I found a medium-sized box in a draw of a desk I never used.

High School

I opened it thinking it would be pictures of me in high school. And I was right. The first picture  looked like it was taken the first day of school. Before I was on the cheerios. I looked deeper and saw all of the fun and misery I had those years. Glee club. I had forgotten about it. But as soon as I saw these pictures, the sweet memories came back to me.

As I dug deeper, I saw something that I could not believe slipped my mind. My family. I stood next to a boy with a mohawk with a small blond baby girl in my arms. I remember the names: Puck and Beth. I couldn't believe they were out of my life. And I couldn't help but wonder what they were doing now.

~~~

Beth's POV:

--

Contest rules up!

The notification I had been waiting for buzzed in my ear. Immediately, I clicked the link to watch the contest video.

I pressed play.

"Hi. My name is Quinn Fabray, as many of you know"

I smiled at her.

The video continued.

"I will say the contest rules, but they are also in the video description below. So first of all, you have to be at least 13 years old to enter, unless an adult will be attending you, in which they will have to find and pay for their own transportation. Second, you must fill out an application, just saying your information and reason on why you should be picked. This is not a random raffle. I will personally be picking the winner. The link to the application is down below. They are due by June 30th. Thanks for entering."

As the video ended, I clicked the link to the application and and printed it out. I showed it to my mom.

I knocked on her door and she nodded me in.

"Mom," I said thoughtfully, "I think you need to reconsider this contest." She sighed. "I am totally eligible and-"

"Okay," she interrupted.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You can apply, you deserve this. But I am going with you."

"But Mom I'm fourteen."

"I'm going with you Beth. Now go work on that application."

I almost cried tears of joy. "Thank you so much Mom. We're going to win."

She nodded and turned back to her magazine. That was my que to leave. So I did.