Awkward Encounters

The following morning I awake in a state of complete confusion. Why am I on my own bed? Where is Carl? Suddenly it hits me. It was all just... a dream. A horrible dream. I flop down on my pillow, breathing hard with relief. So realistic. I'll have to put this in my book.

I turn my head to my night table to reach my notebook and pen...

...And I see Carl. He's a few feet away at my dresser, back to me, hands digging through his drawers until he finds a shirt and pair of pants and stands to put them on.

More confusion follows. Wait... so it wasn't a dream? This is really happening. Oh my god, this is actually happening. I met Carl and I slept in his (well, my) bed. WAIT. HOLD ON.

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

He's naked.

No he's not. He almost is. All he's wearing is plaid boxers and socks. His entire upper body is completely exposed. Holy fucking shit. He's got abs.

And he does. His arms and stomach are lean and shaped,the muscles taut but not bulging. He's hotter than I even imagined in my wildest dreams.

He actually takes my breath away for a moment. I turn away before he notices me staring and try to catch my breath again. I wheeze, and he turns around.

He looks more embarrassed than I probably do. "Shit," I hear him mutter under his breath. He finishes zipping up his pants and I imagine unzipping them. Then he just stands there, staring at me.

When I've finally gotten my heart rate back to normal, manage to look him in the eyes and say, "Sleep well?"

His averts his eyes before replying with "Yeah. You?"

"Fine." I gesture to the shirt dangling, forgotten, in his right hand.

He follows my eyes and blushes even deeper than I thought possible. He tosses it on in one single, smooth motion. He still won't look at me. "Sorry."

"Whatever..." I try to sound nonchalant, as if I wake up to the sight of half naked boys in my room every day. I'm still trembling with nerves though. I climb out of bed, trying not to notice him staring at my legs as I swing them over the side. I knew I should have worn my long pajama pants instead of these stupid boxer shorts.

He moves out of the way as I hastily get to the dresser and pull out a top and pair of jeans I don't even look at before rushing out the door and to the bathroom.

Once in the washroom, I've just pulled on clean underwear, socks and jeans and am about to put on my shirt when I realize I've forgotten a crucial detail: a bra.