Chapter 1

Beginnings

I stared blankly at my wall. Rain was pouring outside, I looked at my window. A black falcon was sitting at my window, its eyes were closed. Why is it here at my window? Tonight? The day I turned fifteen, it's twelve. I got out of bed and walked over to the window, what the heck is going on here? The falcon opened its eyes, they were green with a mix of deep blue. The bird tapped my window, I think it wants to get inside. Not a chance, bird! The falcon then pushed up the window and walked in. This must be a dream... What's that around its neck? It looked like a necklace, a long one. A falcon was carved into obsidian, but it was glistening silver in the moonlight. The falcon shook off the water on its feathers, when it was done all of the feathers were completely dry. The falcon flew onto my shoulder and took off the necklace somehow, it bent over and nestled its sharp beak into my hand. It pulled its head out and then flew out of my window, disappearing into the night. I looked at the hand the falcon put ots heak into, there was the necklace. I set down the necklace on my dresser and went to bed, maybe this was all going to be a dream and I'll wake up amd the necklace won't be there.

I woke up to my cat, purring and licking me. She had a shimmering black coat, her eyes blue. It was morning. I got up and got dressed in my favorite outfit, a white T-shirt and black shorts. On the shirt was the picture of a falcon, or just its shadow at least. I looked down at the top of my desk, and there it was. The necklace.