"Shit."

-

"mike." el smiled. She was finally home along with Will and he was the only thing on her mind since the trip.

He smiled weakly before turning away from her, looking out his window.

"what are you looking at?" She asked, approaching the windowsill that mike was leaning on.

"Nothing, why are you being so nosy. Jeez El." He snapped, walking out of his room, leaving El a confused mess.

-

"Hey El, what are you up to?" Nancy smiled. it was currently 8 am and she was about to attend a part before noticing the young girl in the kitchen.

"Making Mikey breakfast." She shrugged as Nancy nodded and waved.

As soon as the door shut and eleven heard the lock click, mike came down the stairs almost on cue.

'Perfect timing' she thought looking over at the toaster.

The eggos inside were dark brown, almost black. She knew that was not how they were supposed to look like.

"El, what are you doing. You're gonna burn the damn house down." Mike coughed, taking the eggos out and throwing them away.

Then he ran back up the stairs, feeling guilty as ever.

-

"Hey mike, I uh- I made you a card. I'm sorry."

Hearing her words made him want to kick himself in the face. She didn't even do anything wrong and is still saying sorry.

"El..
Mike trailed off. He couldn't bring himself to say anything else, so he grabbed the card and tore it.

Eleven ran away shortly after.

-

"He's probably just tired of me." Eleven sniffled, laying down on Nancys bed and staring at the wall.

"He's probably thinking about whether or not to send me back to the lab." She hugged her stuffed bear closer to her chest.

"I'll miss him. I'll miss him a lot, I wish I could just hug him all day. Even though he probably won't miss me. Who would miss me anyway? He probably likes that Jennifer Hayes girl that was crying at Wills funeral. She's so much prettier than me, and mike doesn't have to explain things to her." Eleven wiped the tears off her face, the ones she didn't even know were falling.

"El." Mike walked into the room, feeling terrible about everything.

"I know I'm so-

"No I'm sorry El, you have nothing to be sorry about. You should be the mad one."

Eleven furrowed her eyebrows.

"Lucas gave me this stupid dare. I knew I shouldn't have taken it, even if I would get in trouble.

Everything you said just know is wrong, just so you know. I'd never send you back, when you went camping for 2 weeks I couldn't stop thinking about you.

And how could you think I'd like Jennifer Hayes more than you? She's nothing, just a tiny little pedal, while you're a whole garden.

(I'm sorry that last line was cheesy I couldn't think of anything OK 😂)

I'm sorry, you should be mad. It's okay if you wo-"

Eleven cut him off with a tight hug which surprised him but also relieved him.

"It's okay Mike, just don't do it again ok?"
-

"Hey, I made you a card." Mike smiled, placing it next to elevens plate of waffles, which he also made.

"I didn't deserve the card you made me anyway."
-

Well I did it, sorry it took so long School is being a pain:(

megmax679

hope you guys liked this anyway:)