Dropped and Dropped Again

A dedicated parent was an understatment for the girls new manager Mattew Knowles. By this time it was obvious that every single girl caried fantastic talent. Girls Tyme practiced in the wooden stage the Knowles built and they would sing in Beyonces moms salon. "It was the hotest salon in Houston, some of the clients would say we were going to go big, I guess they were right." Beyonce and Kelly recall. Getting older they needed a new sophisticated name. "We were religous our girls went to church and i was reading the bible and there came the destiney and the child was Beyonces idea." Tina recalls. Destiney's Child, everyone liked the ring of it. It was the early to mid 90s and Electra Records was very interested in the young talent, they were flown to Atlanta for nearly a year they worked with Electra Records. 

They never made a record with Electra.

The Electra producer was dropped and everything that was with him was also dropped. Flown back with more determination then ever.

Columbia Recirds was one of the most promising labels in the buisness, adn the newly names Destineys Child has one shot on impressing two adults who flew to Texas. They started singing raspy, perfection was far from reach.

"BEYONCE! You went swimming last night didnt you, I can hear the water in your nose when your singing!."

Mattew had interuped their audition. Embaressed they continued to perform. Columbia headed back to discuss their destiney with the record company.

They didnt make the record label.