× Chapter Nineteen ×

Start from the beginning

"You've got to be kidding me", Hope said aloud.

Now wasn't exactly the best time for a friend reunion. Especially when an evil spirit was loose.

Hope looked towards her doorway as she heard the floor boards creak. She slipped out of bed and walked over to the door opening it slowly.

"Auntie Freya? What are you doing?"

Freya stood still in the middle of the corridor facing away from Hope.

"I've got some important things to take care of. Just go back to bed yeah?", she replied turning to face her and giving her a unreal smile.

Hope gripped her phone tighter then gave it a shake out in front of her.

"We've got visitors later by the way. I wanted to talk to mum about some stuff"

Freya felt her heart drop. She remembered last night. She, Marcel and Elijah had came in late and Hope had fallen asleep on the sofa, her head in Rebekah's lap. Marcel had carried her upstairs. How he did it without waking her niece up she would never know.

All the witch could do was smile and carry on walking down the corridor.

Hope looked down at her phone and opened up the messages again.

"Families acting really weird today, so just, tred carefully okay?"

She walked back into her room and wrapped herself back up in blankets before hearing her phone beep again.

"Okay. Nearly there. See you soon"

The teen sat down on her bed and lent backwards. Maybe having some friends around would make her feel even more at home.

× × × ×

"After you guys left so much went wrong at the school", Jocie said as the three teens sat around the table eating breakfast.

"In school?", Lizzie interrupted, "More like in the whole town"

Hope tightened her ponytail and lent forward.

"What happened?"

Jocie's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Well...", Jocie began.

"We don't talk of school issues outside of school. Do we girls?"

The twins sat down in their seats.

"No Mum", the said together.

Hope looked upwards towards the gates leading into in the court. She gasped.

"Mrs Forbes", she rose from her seat smiling.

"Hope we're outside of school, please, call me Caroline"

Caroline walked into the court followed by Alaric who was looking rather out of breath.

"Did you really need to bring all this luggage?", he called after her.

"It's all necessary", Caroline spoke, "some of the girls things as well", she lied.

Hope sat back down in her seat. She felt excited but at the same time worried. It was going to be fun having friend's spend their holiday in New Orleans but with everything that was going on, it was a worrying thought.

"What a...surprising visit", Rebekah hesitated as she entered the court.

Caroline looked upwards to face Rebekah. She gave a small smile before looking over her daughter's.

"Auntie Bex? Have you seen Auntie Freya? I need to ask her some stuff", Hope spoke, hoping to interrupted the next World War.

Rebekah looked over at her niece who was sitting at the table. She gulped.

"I'm pretty sure she went out early with your parents. Anyway, you can talk to her later, right now you need to show your...", Rebekah trailed off as she looked up at their visitors, "friends their rooms"

Hope sped over to Alaric who looked as if he was about to drown in suitcases. She grabbed a black and a pink polka dot suitcase from his grasp and led them upstairs towards their rooms.

× × × ×

I can't believe I'm nearly at 1K reads that's just amazing thank you so much! Opinions of the story so far?

- M