August just stares at me. A simple thank you would be nice. Once i finished the paperwork i hand it over to the desk and sit back down.

As we sit together waiting to hear from the doctors a nurse comes in.

Nurse-Hi um...which one of you is the father of Ms.Yn?

August-Umm...Yes that would be me.

The Nurse and August go to the room where Yn is. I'm really praying that everything is okay, i know how much this means to Yn and even though it's not my child it's a blessing to see her to do something we thought was impossible.

Chres and i have been sitting in this waiting room for 4 hours now. Still we haven't heard anything from anyone.

After a few minutes we see August coming with a blank face.

Chres-What's wrong man?

Aug-...

Jordan- Aye Aug are you good what's wrong with Yn did she have the baby?

Aug-...(tear falls) he's dead.

Chres and I look at each other in confusion.

Chres- Who's dead?

Aug-(drops to the ground crying) MY SON MAN, HE'S DEAD AND...(gco)

Jordan-Shhhhhh shhhh...Aug come on let's go outside.

We head just outside of the hospital to talk.

Chres- Alright tell us what happened?

August- She had an emergency c-section and when they got the baby out he wasn't breathing...They tried everything to wake him up or even show signs of life but...they said due to her condition when the baby was still in her it wasn't getting the necessary nutrients and...you can tell because he was so small when he was out.

Chres and I just looked down in sadness.

Jordan- Are sure it wasn't just premature? Does Yn know?

August- The doctors said that wasn't the case, the baby was
not going to live....and she does.

Chres- How is she taking it?

August- She hasn't said anything...Didn't even shed a tear.  She's not talking to me nor is she talking to the doctor.

Jordan- Nothing?

August- Nothing man, I've never seen her this shook up, she's jus sitting. We leaving in a week so doctors can make sure she's well and nothing is damaged on her insides.

Chres-Okay well August I don't want you doing nothing dangerous okay.

August-Yeah i know man, I'm not gonna stay here because i just can't. You guys can pop in whenever visiting hours sense we're on that level of trust again. But i'm telling you you're not gonna get a straight answer.

Chres-Thanks man, but you get some rest okay.

Aug-Okay man see y'all.(walks out)

Chres-You still wanna get something to drink?

Jordan-At this point, i think we need a drink.