When I wake up in the morning, I smell something which makes my stomach growl, and then I remembered I haven't eaten anything yet since yesterday. I ran to the kitchen to grab something to eat when I realize I wasn't alone. I saw Gerald, almost naked, just his boxer shorts on and the apron which serves as covering material to his upper body which I find sexy, he was cooking.

“How was your sleep?” He asked while plating the bacon he fried.

“Good.” Kibit-balikat nitong sagot.

“Here.” Sabay abot ng pagkain sa dalaga.

Walang imikan ang dalawa habang kumakain ang mga ito. Lihim naman tumitingin ang binata kay Sarah na mukhang nagustuhan ang niluto nitong pagkain. Pagkatapos nun ay nagkusang naghugas ng pinggan ang dalaga habang pinapanood naman siya ni Gerald na nasisiyahan sa nakikita.

Sa halos dalawang linggo nilang nasa Isla ay panay pa rin ang iwas ng dalaga sa kanya. Ni hindi man lang siya kinakausap ni Sarah maliban na lang kung may tatanungin ito. Alam niyang nasasayang lang sa wala ang mga plano niya ngunit ayaw niyang biglain ito lalo na’t hindi siya naaalala ni Sarah. Araw-araw ay ganoon ang kanilang set up. Pagkatapos nilang kumain ay papasok agad si Sarah sa kanyang kwarto at magkukulong. Sa gabi naman ay maaga itong namamahinga. Para bang palagi siyang iniiwasan ng dalaga.

She went to bed early that day, like she's trying her best to avoid any interaction with him. After he washed the dishes, he went over to see Sarah. He saw her peacefully sleeping as if everything was fine. He went beside her, touches her face, and then kissed her forehead. It was like ages since the last time he touched her. After Sarah woke up, she treated him like the last person she wanted to see. She always had these amazing ways of preventing any possibilities of bumping with each other. He is hurt, really hurt every time Sarah would do that. He knew the fact that she can't remember anything and he should understand her but sometimes, it just sucks. That's why he came up with this idea of taking her away. He was on his way out, going to his room when he saw something on her desk. He saw a small quartz arrowhead stone. It was the stone he picked up from the shore when they hang-out together out of the town with their friends. He smiled. He thought Sarah maybe forgotten him, but deep down he knew that she somehow can remember something that includes him in the picture. 

"Why are you here?" She asked which makes Gerald frightened a bit.

"I was just checking on you." Palusot ng binata. "Did I wake you up?" 

"May narinig akong ingay."

"Oh, sorry."

"Do you know who gave me that stone?" 

"This?" He asked flashing the small quartz stone.

"Yeah."

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because," She's contemplating whether shutting up or telling him her reasons. "It's just, there's something in that stone that connects me to what I was before. I feel like, I don't know." And ended up telling him.

His inkling is correct. "Well, there's actually a story behind this stone." He made up. He just doesn’t know how to tell her the truth. He saw Sarah lean to the bed board while he sits on the end of her bed. 

"Let me hear it."

"He actually didn't give this stone to her, they were on a vacation with their friends and the two of them were talking along the shore and he saw this stone. He picked ‘em up and showed it to her, he doesn't know that she slid it to her pocket." He narrated while looking at the stone. 

"Why did she keep it?"

"That night, sinabi niya na mukha atang masyado siyang nakafocus sa kanyang ex na halos hindi na nito alam kung tama pa ba ang ginagawa niya o hindi na."

"Huh?"

"She fell in love in the process of helping him win his ex back."

"Then?"

"She told him how she felt towards him. And something happened to her that changes everything. And as the days passes by, he realizes that it's her that he loves at hindi ang dati nitong kasintahan. But it turns out that it was too late for him to have the chance to be with her.” He paused. “This man, he loved this woman." 

"How can you say that? He rejected her. Well, not totally rejected but he let her go, just like that. And now, he would expect that it would still end up the way he wanted to. That's absurd." She commented like she knew she was the girl he was referring into.

"Yeah but sometimes it takes time for us to realize who we really loved."

"Then he should win her back. Like the way he did to his ex." 

"He did. He was actually doing it. But she doesn't care."

"Maybe there's something, someone else."

"Someone who didn't want them together? Or maybe, the situation is not just on their side." He answered. 

"What do you mean?! Did something happen?"

"Yeah, and maybe she's doubting him. The way he felt about her."

"If he loves her so much, why he pushed her away in the first place?"

"Cause he didn't feel worthy."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Cause I know how it feels like." He looks at her like he knows everything.

"So how it is connected to me?"

"You're the girl in that story." She doesn't look shocked, more on confused.

"So who gave me that stone then?" She saw Gerald wiggle his shoulder, like telling her that he does not have any idea. 

Sinubukan nitong matulog ulit pero hindi nito maiwasang isipin ang kwenento ng binata sa kanya tungkol sa batong palagi niyang dala. Hindi rin nito alam kung bakit parang may koneksyon ang batong yun sa kanyang nakaraan.

AN: Follow me on twitter @akosijenipeo. Thanks