Nothing Too Big

It was the picture that brought back those pangs in her heart that should've never been there in the first. Her fingers traced his face gently.

Memories flooded back, the dam was broken and everything in her heart came rushing again.

It was the noticed little things about him. Nothing big, nothing that made a huge difference. But it was just small things that stuck out to her only after when she thought about him. The first thing she noticed was the way he frowned less. His lips that always seemed to frown were suddenly uplifted only by a little bit. The next was the way he forgot about personal space, she crumbled down his walls day by day to the point to where she could touch him.

Nothing too big, just little shoulder pats or smacks when he makes a funny joke topped off with a little too much swearing, but she loved it because it was just him. She actually got to touch his hair once, it wasn't as spiky as she thought, it was actually soft. Then one day she noticed how he invaded her personal space. The boy was notorious for being agressive, ready to fight at any second and it shocked the girl at how gentle he was. He touched her sometimes too, although it was rare when it happened.

Nothing too big, it would be small gestures like rubbing her back when she exerted her power. The way he touched her was so delicate like she was something to take care and she believed at one point that was how he viewed her. The last was the way he looked after her.

He never ever cared about anyone except himself, but she saw when she was hurt he was there and when her tears betrayed her he was there to listen. He never touched her in a way that was considered to be love. As much as she wanted it to be. The girl absolutely knew at one point he loved her, but his downfall led him to never cross any line that went any further than friend. Greatness was his path. To be the best of the best was the only way, shooting to be number one encased his thoughts so much that it became a sick and twisted obsession.

Soon he became the reason why her cheeks were wet and puffy, but now he wasn't there anymore. No more sarcastic comments, no more staying quiet and listening to her ramble about things that seemed so silly now. Those sharp crimson eyes were so soft when they landed on her and she noticed it, but it was nothing too big.

Her fingers ached to hold his hand just one more time. The last time was the first time and that was when he tore her heart in two.

Don't touch me

Please don't push me away again! Bakugou...please stop now before it's too late

She did the impossible and grabbed his strong hand in both of hers and held onto it for dear life. He was leaving and she couldn't let go, not then.

Please, Uraraka. Let go.

Shaking hands did as they were told by that trembling voice on the verge of breaking. The raw emotion in his voice was unlike anything she's ever heard. Blurred eyed watched him walk away in that way he always did, but it was different that day. His shoudlers slumped and his sleeves went to wipe something from his face. To this day it's her biggest regret. That was the last time she ever saw him.

The things she'd do just to see his eyes and frown soften when he gave her that look that no one saw. She wish that she relive every moment they got alone together, the ones where she laughed and he just scoffed, but she always saw a slight smirk. The girl especially loved the way he complimented her.

Nothing too big, he would encourage her in his own little way that was full of colorful words and it took a minute for her to understand them. But when she did, her eyes lit up and cheeks became a shade darker. She could've sworn his did too.

Thinking about all that now left the girl on the floor with hands cupped to her wet face. The picture is placed in front of her. Her fingers wiped every shred of feelings that shed from her eyes away. It made her sad, but it some strange way it was bittersweet. Shaky palms picked up the flimsy picture and she looked at it, the last drops of sadness fell onto it. As much as he used to say he hated the picture, she absolutely adored it and wouldn't trade it for the world. A small laugh was let out and ached her chest when she remebered what he said about it when she first showed it to him.

Burn. That. Now.

He hated it because he was unready for it, but she caught the camera just in time before the class snapped it. She clasped onto his arm with a huge smile plastered on her face and he was just looking at her surprised with a hint of anger. He looked so good in his uniform, she thought. She remebered the day the picture was taken. It was the first time he touched her. It was half intentional, half accident.

Scrapes decorated her right cheek and he meant to just touch it, but then something must have come over him. His rough hand reached to gently tuck a strand of hair behind her ear making her eyes the size of saucers and her cheeks putting the hues of a rose to shame. He realized this and then he pulled away almost in a flustered mannor and said something under his breath that she couldn't remember.

But under that handsome blonde hair pink tinted his face.

Sorry, Uraraka.

The girl now just sat with the picture clutched tight to her chest and she looked down at her lap just for one more tear. One more hint of a feeling for that boy before she shredded it all up just as he did and move on. Uraraka Ochako loved Bakuhou Katsuki and that fact would be wrong in the next minute as she swore to herself that she would never fall for him again.

It was really nothing too big.