Chapter Two

I looked up at the house in front of me. The door opened and Brandon and his dad walked out. "What are you doing here?" Brandon asked, panic evident in his voice. I o[pened my mouth to answer him and his dad interrupted. "Do you have class together?" He asked and i nodded. "Does your class know about Fishy?" His dad asked and i furrowed my eyebrows. Brandon's dad grabbed his book bag and Brandon protested, earning a smack to his back. I gave his dad a look but he ignored me. "Now. This is Fishy. You see, Fishy is a frog, but dummy here, called him Fishy." He said and Brandon cut in. "When i was four years old!" His dad rolled his eyes. "Yeah, when he was four years old, and he still carries it around. Probably still pisses his pants too." His dad said and i made eye contact with Brandon. "Here, take this to class with you." He said and tossed me the stuffed frog. I caught it and looked back at Brandon again, he just rolled his eyes and walked away.

I walked up to Brandon, Trevor, and Sean who were walking towards Trevor's truck. "Hey Brandon." I said and stood in front of them. "Who is this?" Trevor asked and looked between Brandon and i. "I had a good idea for our project." I said as i pulled out Fishy and held him up in front of my chest. "We could interview each other about our parents." I said and bit my lip. Brandon smiled and nodded. "Yeah, i have a couple ideas about that topic." He said and put his hands in his pockets. "Oh wait, this is the youngest Fricks." Trevor said and i rolled my eyes. "Leave me alone, Trevor." I spat and walked away. "Damn, she's feisty like her sister." I heard Trevor say. "Shut up, dude. She's never done anything to you." Brandon said and i looked over my shoulder to see him looking at me. I smiled slightly and continued walking.

"Here's the deal. I'll help you with this project, if you go to a party with me. Just one, but you have to go." Brandon smirked and i rolled my eyes. "Fine. When?" I sighed and Brandon smiled brightly at me. "Friday night." He said and i nodded. "Fine, but you have to help me. 50/50. No more of your bull." I said sternly and he nodded. "Deal." He whispered and climbed out of my window.