Banshee

The scream that cut through the night was deafening, lights throughout New Orleans shattered and even the Originals were forced to their knees. As Klaus recovered he helped Rebekah to her feet and made his way to Elijah.

"That cannot be anything good." Elijah sighed as he finally found his footing and fixed his cufflinks.

"Well while you two stand here mulling over the meaning of life, I shall be looking for whatever has the audacity to try and blow out my ear drums." Rebekah sighed and headed down stairs, the men quickly following.

Every few minutes a scream would flood their sense, weakening each time, but allowing them to follow the sound to the source. When they found, it they were taken aback by what they found.

"What in the bloody hell happened here?" Rebekah gasped.

"There, look." Klaus pointed across the wreckage before them and spotted a cowering figure in the background.

"Careful brother, perhaps we should send Rebekah, the girl looks terrified and the chances of her not knowing who you are slim." Elijah muttered and stopped Klaus who nodded and watched carefully in case Rebekah needed help.

"Hello Darling." She cooed softly and wide eyes met hers.

"It keeps coming back." You whispered and she glanced around for what it could have been.

"Rebekah!" Klaus warned and out of now where a wolf tried to pounce on you.

She shoved it off at the last second and muffled your scream in her shoulder as she clung onto you, hiding Klaus as he dove for the wolf, colliding with it and letting out a frustrated growl when he saw its eyes glow.

"Come on, we'll take her back with us." Elijah muttered as he moved to stand beside the two of you.

-----------------------------------

Klaus smiled as he watched you testing your limits, it was clear that you'd learnt as much as you could on your own, and he was waiting for you to ask him for help. He'd given you tips over the months you'd stayed with them but you needed more guidance.

"Klaus?" you asked quietly and the sweet sound of your voice had him smiling fondly.

"Are you alright Love?" He asked and crossed the room, leaning on the door frame as he waited for you to answer.

"You said that... you... um... have books, about Banshees." You mumbled and he nodded.

"Of course, come in and I'll find them." He moved so you could enter the room, chuckled to himself when you padded after him and stood nervously as if you didn't know where to put yourself.

When he pulled a trunk from under his bed and opened it you swallowed and stared at him, he tried to hand you a book that looked like it might flake away if you touched it. He sighed and stood, piling the books and papers on his bed, watching you carefully.

"You can take them." He said softly when you sat at the foot of his bed and started to read. Elijah stopped in the door way and watched the gentle exchange.

"I... don't want to break them." You whispered and blushed when Klaus chuckled as he left his room.

"You know if I was none the wiser I'd think you were a gentleman." Elijah said as Klaus grabbed his jacket.

"Would you rather I torment her?" Klaus asked and Elijah laughed.

"No Niklaus, just keep her safe even after you've realised you love her." With that Elijah left Klaus staring at you in a daze.