"So this is your surprise?" I asked as I picked out my toppings to go on my froyo.

"Lucky charms please," I said before Jax could reply. "Oh and strawberry sauce!" I quickly added. Beside me, Jax was shaking his head with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, it's one for one day. And you are acting like a child."

"Hey! What does that mean?" I chided with my arms crossed across my chest and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's literal."

I scoffed loudly and rolled my eyes as Jax picked out his toppings.

"I saw that!" He said as he handed the money to the cashier.

"I'm only picking out my toppings. What an idiot," I mumbled softly under my breath.

"I heard that."

We found a seat in the corner and we quickly settled down. I scooped up a large spoonful of my froyo, stuffing it into my mouth.

Refreshing.

We were eating our froyo in comfortable silence before Jax decide to break it.

"Is there a country you are dying to visit?" He asked, looking at me intently as he waited patiently for my answer. His chin was propped on the top his right palm with his elbow placed on the table top.

"Paris. For sure. It's the city of love. It must be lovely there," I said, sighing dreamily as images of me in Paris, in front of the Eiffel Tower ran through my mind. "It's always my dream to travel you know? And Paris is definitely at the top of my list."

"Why Paris?"

"It's Paris! Come on, I don't need a reason. But I think I want to visit the museum and look at the Mona Lisa painting in real life and oh my god, I want to visit all the castles!" I said excitedly, making exaggerated hand gestures. "The castles are so beautiful and so rich in history. It's amazing, really."

"You want to visit all the castles? I doubt that's possible."

"Why not?" I asked and Jax merely shrugged as he continued eating his froyo.

Silence lapsed between the both of us for a while before I spoke again.

"Why did you ask anyway? Are you planning on bringing me there?" I asked jokingly.

"Of course," he said. "I think maybe I will get myself a summer job and save up. I promise to bring you there one day," he told me as his eyes bored into mine. His face had this serious look on and I knew he meant it.

A smile fell on my face almost immediately.

Honestly, he didn't really have to bring me there. The fact that he was so serious about thinking of bringing me there is enough to melt me.

"What did I do to deserve you?"

"You don't."

"I don't?" I asked, expecting his egoistic self to something along the lines of 'I'm way out of your league', except this time he didn't.

"You deserve better. In fact, you deserve the world."

I was stunned for a second, shocked by how sincere he actually sounded. His eyes looked right into mine and it was only after a few moments later that I was able to speak my mind.

"Then you must be better. Nice to meet you 'better'," I said as I held out my hand to him, pretending as if I'm meeting him for the first time. "You are my world," I added and leaned over to give him a small kiss.

The smile on his face that came after that melted my heart.

All of a sudden, music started to blast loudly in the place, causing everyone to stop their chatter for a moment.

People started pouring into the place and danced to the beat. Everyone looked around curiously, wondering what was going on.

I too was wondering what the sudden music and dancing was all about, in fact it startled me a little.

I then turned to look at Jax who just seemed amused by everything that's happening in front of us.

A huge banner that reads 'Will you be my girlfriend?' appeared and for a second my heart skipped a beat.

I started to feel a little nervous. Was this all Jax's idea?

Just as millions of thought were running through my mind, another guy dressed in a navy button down shirt and white jeans walked into the place.

He was hugging a giant teddy bear with one arm and in another was a bouquet of 100 red roses.

Oh. It wasn't for me.

A feeling of disappointment and relief washed over me all at once.

I would probably freaked out if Jax did this for me and that would be embarrassing. But at the same time, I wished it was for me. I know, we girls can be quite complicated.

The guy walked towards the girl sitting in one of the booths with her friends as he took her hand in his, asking for her to be his girlfriend.

The black hair girl gave him a genuine smile, her big bright eyes filled with tears of joy as she agreed to be his girlfriend.

A/N:
Hey guys! 💓 y'all are awesome for staying with me even though I haven't been updating in a long time but I promise, I will be doing so more often now!

Special shout out to carlysangels_  for always being so supportive and for being such a lovely reader! 💖 Her works are also really good! You guys should totally check it out 😊

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this! I will be updating the next one very very soon!! ✨✨✨
Have a great day everyone 😘

Much love,
Rachel xoxo