"Come to give me some love Pixy?"

Phoenix chose not to look at her boyfriend's face as she knew that she would turn beetroot red at the sight of his warm brown eyes that she had developed a soft spot for. She tried to peer down at the clipboard in Fred's hands to see what was scribbled on there, but he shimmed away from her, grinning.

"I'm afraid that information is private Phoenix," Fred digressed, tapping his nose in a way that plainly told Phoenix that he was not going to crack any time soon.

Phoenix looked at George imploringly, her eyes turning a deep, magnificent blue that seemed to leave George mesmerized.

"Don't even fall for it George!" Fred warned, covering his twin's eyes warily.

"She's our best friend, Fred!" George pointed out, gesturing at Phoenix's now rather innocent face. "You're being ridiculous."

"What's new?" Phoenix smirked, her arms crossing over her chest as Fred laughed mockingly.

"Alright!" Fred surrendered, shoving the clipboard into Phoenix's outstretched hands. She smiled thankfully at Fred and scanned through the various notes he and George had made. Phoenix read through the notes on Fever Fudge and made a choking sound as she read a note on what effects it had made on the twins... private areas.

"Pus-filled boils? On your... nether regions?" Phoenix asked, torn between laughter and awkwardness. "You aren't giving the first years Fever Fudge, are you?"

"Of course not," said Fred indignantly, taking the clipboard from Phoenix. "Fainting Fancies!"

Sure enough, the first years fell almost like dominoes, one by one, as they were rendered unconscious by the Fainting Fancies. Phoenix glared at the twins, they observed the first years closely and made notes every now and then upon clipboards. Students about the common room laughed, the only person who seemed to be as unimpressed as Phoenix was Hermione Granger.

Her bushy hair flew around her shoulders as she marched over to the seventh years, she looked positively furious, staring daggers at the twins.

"That's enough!" Hermione called loudly, her hands on her hips. Fred and George looked up, feigning surprise.

"Yeah, you're right," mused George, "this dosage looks strong enough, doesn't it?"

"George!" Phoenix snapped scathingly, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend.

"I told you this morning, you can't test your rubbish on students!"

"We're paying them!" Fred shot back.

"I don't care," Hermione seethed, her hair appearing to frizzle in anger. "It could be dangerous! You two should listen to Phoenix!"

Fred waved away Hermione's comment nonchalantly, "Rubbish!" he shot back.

"It's not rubbish," said Phoenix. "They're first years!"

"Calm down you two," said Lee in an attempt at a soothing voice as he inspected each of the first years, popping the purple end of the sweet into their mouths. "They're fine!"

"Yeah, look," George grinned brightly, putting his hand around his rather unimpressed girlfriend. "They're coming round now!"

The first-years were stirring, which Phoenix supposed proved that the Skiving Snackboxes were at least working well. Judging by the bewildered looks on their faces, Fred and George had kept the purpose of the sweets as a surprise.

"Feel all right?" George questioned a tiny black-haired girl who had collapsed by his shoes.

She peered up at him, still looking rather faint, "I–I think so," she murmured.