Chapter 13, Power is the Great Aphrodisiac, Part 13

Zacznij od początku

He lurched, and the metal handcuffs rattled the headboard. "Low blow."

She pursed her mouth and blew a stream of air on his oh-so-sensitive tip until he moaned. "I'm waiting for an answer."

"I wanted to sell my screenplays."

"And?"

"I wanted the trappings of success—beautiful wife, imported car, money. And I got it. All of it."

"And then?"

Stormy eyes glared. "I lost all of it. Satisfied?"

She kissed the thin line of his lips until they softened, let her in. "And now?"

"Now I'm having fun for the first time in a decade. Excluding tonight," he qualified. "Tonight you're driving me crazy."

"Join the club."

His body and his eyes stilled, mirroring Titan on alert. "You're not crazy. PTSD isn't crazy."

She sat up, not liking where this was going. "You don't know anything about PTSD."

Sympathy smoothed the lines around his mouth. "Tell me."

"Not tonight." Never.

She drew upright, pulled her shirt over her head, popped the clasp on her new lace demi-cup bra, and gave him an eyeful designed to forestall more probing of the verbal variety. She was all for probing of the physical variety. She needed him to fill her with exquisite pleasure, to drive out the demons, at least for a few hours.

Her full breasts pressed against his firm chest as she kissed her way along his jaw and behind his ear. Her busy lower hand cupped his balls and stroked the sensitive skin. "Are you ready to do my bidding?"

"What do you want from me?" he hissed between clenched teeth, fighting for control.

She thought about that. What she really wanted, she couldn't have—him in her bed every night for the rest of the long, cold winter. "I want to read the screenplay."

"Not ready," he managed, breathing ragged. "All I've finished so far is the treatment. Sent it to Jenna this morning."

"That's progress," she agreed. "You deserve a reward." She slid off the bed and stepped out of jeans and lace panties. She noted with relief that his features broadcast ravenous lust, the issue of her PTSD swept aside.

"Condoms are in my pants."

His gaze followed her breasts as she stooped to retrieve his jeans on the floor. She pulled a strip from a back pocket and held it up. "Six?"

"I can't get enough of you. I want you now."

"You forget who's in charge," she purred as she unrolled the condom. Then she straddled him and dangled her breasts over his face. "Take me in your mouth."

As his agile lips closed over one nipple, sensation spiraled down her spine to pool like molten lava in her groin. She arched her back, gave him access to the other nipple. With one hand she rubbed the soft tip of his member against her moist lower lips. His hips twisted as he attempted to thrust the engorged shaft inside.

"So needy," she whispered, rubbing the hard length of him against the sensitive skin folds. "We're on my timetable, not yours."

At that he sucked on the skin of her left breast, hard.

"No hickeys." She sat up out of his reach and laughed. "Play nice, and I'll give you what you want. What we both want."

"I want you," he said forcefully, heated glance flashing from her face to her breasts. "I've wanted nothing but you since that night you wore the lizard costume. I can't concentrate. I can't think of anything but you."

"You sound like you're in love." She said it lightly, but her heart fractured because she knew it couldn't possibly be true and, heaven help her, she wanted it to be true.

"I want to make love to you more than anything in this world."

It was enough. Because she wanted his hands steadying her wild hips, she reached to release his wrists from the handcuffs and toss them aside.

Straddling him, she slid his slick, hard-to-bursting member deep inside. Both sighed.

Starting slow, building momentum, she rode him as he thrust and gyrated his pelvis like a mechanical bull. They drove each other higher, faster, until her vision, her mind, everything blanked except the burst of ecstasy. Her inner muscles clenched him, bonded them in a mutual explosive orgasm.

The wall protecting her heart shattered. Strong emotion gushed, filling her body until it overflowed in a cascade of hot tears.

OMG. Is this what love feels like?

Sated, exhausted, cheeks damp with tears, she tumbled off Chett, curled against his warmth and fell off a cliff into oblivion.

Until the nightmare.