Prologue

The woods were silent, the only noise to be heard was the sound of the grass crunching beneath the young woman's feet. She stopped in her tracks after hearing something or someone behind her, she thought they hadn't followed her. She could have sworn she'd gotten away. She slowly turned around to find nothing more than a frightened animal running away from her. She shook her head, looking down to her open wound, realizing she needed medical assistance soon or she'd bleed out. That was going to be very difficult considering she couldn't go back, they'd kill her, and going home wasn't an option either. She was way to far to make it in time, collapsing to her knees, she lost all hope. Tears began to fall from the soldiers gray eyes, onto her torn up clothing. Her armor shining slightly in the moonlight. She looked around, she had come to terms with the fact that she might die, but she never meant for it to be like this. She never wanted it to end up like this, cold, alone and slow. She never excepted her death to be slow, she thought she might die in the middle of a fight, but now she realized that wouldn't happen. That might never happen. She would die here, and she knew that. She wiped the tears from her face with her bloodied hands. She looked up at the night sky before smiling slightly, at least she had a chance of seeing them again, all of them. She closed her eyes and laid back on the grass, she was ready to let death consume her.