Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner

Start from the beginning

"Oh God, here we go..." She buries her face into a pillow, visibly cringing.

We'd originally been sworn to secrecy over the whole thing, that we were not to tell anyone she was even in a relationship. But within weeks of this warning, Izzy blabbed to Pete by accident, and from then on it spread and we've all bothered her about it pretty much constantly. The beauty of friendship, huh?

"Hey, look. If you really love this dude or whatever, we aren't gonna bug you about him anymore."

She tears her face from the pillow. "What? Like, for real? I mean, you guys haven't dropped this since you found out."

"For real." I smirk.

"God, you guys are being serious? This is amazing. Thanks for leaving it. I'm not sure how you're going to get the boys to do the same, but thanks."

To this, I send Izzy a wink. Showtime.

Izzy puts on a low voice. "Sure thing, Katie, baby. But damn. You're so smokin' hot. Don't keep me secret no more. Marry me!"

"Great. Fucking great." Katie's head drops back to the pillow as she mumbles. "Aw, man. I shouldn't have fallen for that."

Izzy and I burst out laughing, reaching over Katie to high five. "Next time you have a secret, I wouldn't tell us if I were you."

"Good advice." She says in a muffled tone, followed by a loud groan.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings, shattering our laughter. It's eleven, the pizza guy already came, and Iz's parents are staying at her grandma's. Who could that be?

"Who the hell is that, at this time?" I ask.

"I don't know. You get it. If it's an axe murderer, you can fight him off, Nona. Y'know, with your badass glares and sarcasm." Izzy jokes.

"Hey! You get it, it's your place."

"No, I'm scared. You get it."

"Naw, Izzy, c'mon. You should get the door."

"Nona, seriously―"

"I'll get it! Jesus." Katie jumps up, sending a few popcorn kernels flying and the blanket tumbling to the floor. "I know who it is, anyway."

We watch, confused, as Katie quickly combs through her hair in the living room mirror with her fingers, straightens her posture and checks her breath with her palm to her mouth. She turns, wiggling her eyebrows mischeviously, before heading to the door.

"I swear, if she's invited some axe murderer to my house..." Izzy shakes her head.

"Would you stop with the axe murderer theory?" I giggle quietly.

The frontdoor opens, and we hear quiet greetings. Izzy and I exchange more confused glances until the living room door creaks open.

"Evening, ladies." It's Joe!

Joe Trohman has been one of my closest friends since Second Year. He was Andy's best friend, so when Andy started dating my sister, we all just sorta became friends together. Joe, Andy and I bonded over a mutual love of comicbooks and Star Wars mainly.

Joe is very tall, and very thin, with long dark curls. His eyes are vibrant, wide, and switch colour from green to blue a lot. Plus, his teeth are literally the whitest teeth I have ever seen.

Also, he's kinda really attractive, too.

What? It's the truth...

"Greetings, Joseph." Izzy bows her head, making Joe laugh.