Saida😏

Jamila was late as usual. She slid into her chair and took out her history textbook. She yawned as Mrs. Linda talked about the evolution of man from ape. The teacher was talking with so much passion as she described the homo habilis. To Jamila it was all just crap. She was a Muslim and Islam teaches that man was created by Allah and that Adam and Hawa were the first human beings. So basically she listened with because she had to.

Her school was one of those schools only rich kids could afford. She didn't have friends from her class. Her best friend Ayisha was in a different class. Sadly she happened to sit right next to a bookworm who never even looks up let alone talk to her.

The bell for break rings and she is the first one to leave the classroom.

"Habibtiiiiii!" She shouts when she sees her best friend at the other end of the hallway.

"Shhhhhhh!" Ayisha whispers. She was always careful. "Do you want fat Mr. Ogutu to punish us for noisemaking in the hallway?"

Jamila couldn't help but roll her eyes. Ayisha was so paranoid.

"I just missed you, yar!" She said trying to imitate Ayisha who had a thick Indian accent.

"Pagal!" Ayisha slapped her wrist. "I don't talk like that."

"Yes you do!"

"I will not argue with you." She is always so serious. "Did you do -"

She was pushed by a girl who was walking really fast. Ayisha almost fell on her face. Her glasses fell off and her beautiful grey eyes were displayed in the open. She quickly reached for her glasses and put them on. Jamila still doesn't understand why she wears it while her eyesight is perfectly fine.

"Hey, can't you see!" Jamila shouted after that girl.

"Your friend was in my way." She retorted.

"But the hallway is so big ,you didn't have to push her." Jamila was always the argumentive one.

"What you gonna do about it?" The girl asked while taking a step closer to Jamila. She usually had issues managing her anger and was not planing on causing unrest in the morning. She simply took a deep breath and decided to let it pass.

"Ms. Muktar." A teacher walk up to them with a folder in his hand.

"Yes." The two girls chorused and then stared at each other.

"Oh not you Jamila, I was calling your friend here. " the teacher said while pointing at the rude girl.

She is a Muktar! Jamila thought. I am the only Muktar in this institute!

"Your admission is ready. You can now join form four west." He said and gave her the folder. She smiled gracefully and took it.

"Ms. Muktar, I mean Jamila, would you be kind enough to show Saida to her class, thank you." He said and left before she could say no.

"So you are Jamila Muhammad Muktar?" Saida asked with an intimidating look on her face.

"How did you know my full name?" Jamila asked angrily.

"Because am your cousin. Saida Kassim Muktar." She introduced herself and smirked.

Jamila had heard of uncle Kassim. That old man is bad news. He used to live in the united states but moved back to kenya just years ago.

"Awkwaaaaaaard!" Ayisha declared.

"I thought you guys lived in Mombasa?" Jamila said.

"Oh we did." She flipped her hijab and smiled. "Daddy got bored of the beach so we came to the city."

"Ooh and why -" Jamila wanted to ask something but Saida signalled her to shut up.

"Listen you lowlife, I don't know you and if anyone asks we are not related. And I will find my way to class. I don't need you."

She said and walked away leaving the girls shocked.

"Well that was interesting!" Ayisha said and Jamila started laughing.

"I can't believe I just let her walk away without giving her a piece of my mind." She said while scratching her head.

"Actually that was the right thing to-"

"No way! It is on! I will make you drop the Muktar family name, dearest cousin."

As-salaam Alaykum. I hope you are enjoying it. Tell me what you think so far. I was thinking family drama to spice up things a little.