IOTK part 14- Ironic

Start from the beginning

"I swear not to tell anyone what your about to tell me." She says quickly, feeling anxious. I run a hand threw my messy hair. I need to take a shower after this.

"So I was strolling Markly around town." I start off. "I took him to the park and then I had to go to the market. To get, you know, Diapers and teething toys?" I question to make sure she is actually listening to me.

"Yeah?" She says with slight confusion, probably not sure were this is going.

"Well guess who I saw there?" I sadly reply. I rest my hand on my knee. The lighting in the room getting dimmer.

"Who?" Abby replies with some excitement. Now I bet she thinks it's getting juicy and that it was some hot guy.

"Houston," I mutter. I play with a loose thread on the seam near my knee. Just to keep me occupied.

"No," she gasp. "What did he say? What did you tell him?" She squeaks, I'm not even at the part I'm concerned about.

"Wait let me finish. We ran into each other and you wouldn't guess what in his hands." I sigh and wait for her to guess.

"Condom?" Abby guesses. She would guess that.

"What no, he was holding a baby!" I nearly shriek. My hands now tightly grasps my knee.

"Oh my goodness. No way! What happen then? Was it his?" She question the exact thing I question. A question I couldn't answer.

"Well very quickly he said this is my niece and at the sane time i said Markly is my Newphew. And then he said he had to go and now I'm so confused." I whine, I let my head fall back against the head rest. I stare up at the plain white ceiling. I might ask my mom to let me paint this room, it could use some color.

"Why didn't you say Markly was yours?" Abby curiously asks. That's the exact same thing I thought to myself. And is another question I can't comprehend why I said that.

"I don't know, I panic and it was the first thing that basically came to mind. Abby what do I do?" I beg for advice. Heck anything would help.

"Well do you plan on seeing him soon?" She asks, with a voice sounding like a mother.

"Yes, I was thinking to spend the weekend with him and tell him straight. But I don't know if I can do it," I complain. Man I bet I sound like baby.

"You must! If you tell him, heck he might tell you the truth. Heck he might be the kid to that child." She voices my thoughts from earlier. It could be his. And even if it is not, he deserves to know Markly is mine.

"Yeah I know, I need to fix the mess I keep causing. I need to step up and tell him. I can't hide Markly forever." I completely agree with her. A plan either way will lift weight off my shoulder. Will I benefit in the end? I guess we will find out.

"Wouldn't that be ironic. You guys are hiding the sane secret." Yeah I guess if you look at it, it's pretty hilarious. It will be crazy if that's how it is. The sun is down and I need to turn on the light to even see anything in the room.

"Yeah ironic, hey I need to take a shower before bed. I will see you tommorrow, yeah?" I already knew the answer. But you never know she might randomly not want to go to school. It wouldn't be the first.

"Yes mam'm." She says happily. "Night Alyssa. Don't stay up worrying. Don't worry I'm sure everything will work out. Houston is a good guy." She assures me, well that makes me feel slightly better.

"Thanks Ab, I'll see you tommorrow. Night," I hang up and place the phone on the end table near the lamp. A take a deep breat and place my head on my knees. I hope everything works out.

I force myself up, swinging my legs off on the side of the bed. I stand up and stretch. I'm tired, I walk to my Jack and Jill bathroom. When Markly is a little older he will have the other bedroom that connects to the bathroom on the other side. Right now the room is a work in progress. I'm hoping in a couple weeks to get the room finished. I know your suppose to have a nursery built before the baby. But I didn't have the money to make it. My mom wanted to pay for it, but I said no. She already bought a changing table and the crib.

I barely got my job when I figured out I was pregnant. And with buying all the food and Diapers, I keep forgetting the paint. Maybe during the week I will go buy some. It would be nice to build that Nursery for Markly.

I close the door behind me, flick the light switch and go to the sink. My hands rest on the brown speckle countertop. I glance up at my reflection, my red hair hair is a mess. I look tired that's about it. With a sigh, I stop staring at myself. I grab a towel from the cabinet and set it at the base or the tub.

I turn the water on and pull the knob. The tub makes a groan before watch sprays from the shower head. I slowly strip my clothes, starting with my shirt. Once I'm free of my clothes I test the water. The water is warm and inviting. The perfect temp, I step into the tub and close the curtains. The water coats my body.

After my shower, I exit the bathroom with the towel firmly wrapped around my body. I find some shorts and tank top to wear. I quickly change and wrap a towel around my head.

I am so exhausted, why did school have to start tommorrow. Wait a second school. Crap, I forgot about homework. I'll just ask George for the Anatomy homework and Abby for the math homework. It wasn't a lot so should be easy to copy. Luck Markly is still sleeping. I get at least two hours of a nap before he wakes up.

Everyone thinks it's so easy to raise a baby, it's not. You don't sleep, forget to ear because you rather go to sleep. The only reason I have managed is because my mother.

I would have to pay for a day care if I wanted to go to school, if my mother wasn't here.

I sluggishly walk to my bed and collapse on top. I check my phone, usually Houston texts me goodnight before I go to bed. But I guess not this time.

----------------

Okay guys here's next upload. Sorry didn't edit. I need to work on AHBL though, a new story I'm working on.

It's a vampire romance, hopefully goes well aha. Then I will write one for SAGFN!

So tell me what you think?

Did you expect Houston to have a kid?

I know someone did, they mentioned it in a comment way before. Aha

Comment! Vote! Fan!