*Chapter 1*: 'I'm a what?'

'Honey could you get up please! You will be late! I don't think you really want to miss this ceremony!' Five more minutes......Wait, WHAT?
    'OMG it's ceremony day!',I shout and I jump out of bed and run to my wardrobe. I pick out my favorite purple top and my blue jeans out of my closet and put them on rapidly. Then I run into my bathroom and look into the mirror. God I'm a mess.
I take my washcloth with some soap and wash my face and hands. I have no time to take a shower 'cause I'm already late! (Don't worry I usually take a shower).
I brush my ginger hair and put some mascara on. After that I rush out of the bathroom, grab my handbag with my phone and rush down the stairs to the breakfast table.
    'Good morning honey!' my dad shouts and I answer with a big smile before I run into the kitchen to get some toast out of the toaster.
With a rush I take the strawberry jam out of the fridge and start to spread the jam on my toast rapidly. I wolf my toast with jam while I walk through the kitchen to the breakfast table and sit down.
    'Aren't you excited?' my mum asks 'Your are getting your totem today and you won't have to be called by your stupid number! You'll get a name!' 'Yes..' I answer with a mouthful of toast and jam 'I'm excited!'
    I look at my number on my arm. 701369. That number has been written their the first second I was born. You can't get rid of it for some reason. I think it's a tattoo that will stay there forever. Nobody likes the number but that's how our society works I guess?

I wave my parents goodbye while I get on the Polirecto (the ceremony bus with four layers).
The Polirecto starts to move which make me almost fall over my own feet. I stand up straight while everybody in the bus looks at me well except the guy with blue hair in the back who is sleeping. I take the stairs to the third floor and sit down alone at the back of the bus.
    I'm not really a social person and that may be the reason why I don't have a lot of friends.
Well I have a friend who lives up the street and goes to school with me. I named him Freckle because he has a lot of freckles.
    It is a bit annoying that we don't get names chosen by are parents when we were born and we're just getting them today. It's stupid to call somebody by it's number which I don't like so I have to invent nicknames for everybody I meet.
Now I have noticed that Freckle is not on the bus. Well I haven't seen him but he could be up on the fourth floor. I hope he didn't miss the bus.

*30 minutes later*

I hear pounding feet coming down the aisle of the third floor which wakes me up. I was sleeping so deeply that I didn't even heard the other people coming on the bus who are now sitting in front of me or a few seats further.
     'Hey do you mind if I sit here?' says a voice which makes me look up and see this hot guy standing there. He smirks. I might be blushing. I always blush in front of hot guys. I don't really hang out a lot with boys except for Freckle so I didn't really know what to answer:
     'Uhm - yeah - sure - sit - seat - lovely....' I freaked out. He sits down while his friends takes the seats opposite him or behind us. He is so hot. He has got dark hair, brown eyes, a big jaw line and super hot body which makes me drool. I wipe the spittle of my chin and listen to their conversation:
    'Ow I'll definitely be a lion! I'm strong, I'm hot, I'm brave and I'm very popular with all the chicks!', says his friend sitting opposite him. His friends start to laugh including the guy sitting next to me. 'Yeah right! You are very popular with girls but not everyone! Penelope doesn't even look at you!'
They start to laugh again and he start to look angry and says: 'Yeah right! Wait and see! One day I will have a date with her and then I'll be the one who is going to be laughing!'
Poor him. I feel sorry for him. He is an okay looking guy but Penelope is two years older then us and she is the hottest girl I have ever seen. And anyway she has a boyfriend.
    'Hey girl, what do you think your are going to be?' I wake up out of my thoughts and see all the guys looking at me. I point my finger in my direction and ask: 'Me?' Everybody nods. I swallow.      'Uhm - I don't know - Haven't thought about it...' 'No way! And a name?' I look down at my shoes. 'Well..' 'Yes?' 'I always wanted to be named after my grandmother...' 'What was her name?' 'Teresa', I answer. 'Nice!' He turns around and started to talk with his friends about hot names.
He talked to me.... God I might be blushing. I try to look in the window to see if my cheeks are red. But the reflection is too dim so it is impossible to see my rosy cheeks.

*2 hours later*