Epilogue - A New Adventure

Start from the beginning

"So much has changed since my first day here," I suddenly blurt out.

"Definitely — including me," he agrees.

"How so?"

"You made me a better person. You made everyone a better person. Even the Queen," Peter explains.

I feel a tiny blush warm my cheeks, but it fades quickly, "But I also brought a lot of issues..."

"Stop it. You have not been a bad influence. And I'm going to prove it to you. Eat your breakfast, get your bows and arrows and anything else you need," Peter says mysteriously again.

He finishes his breakfast, washes his plate and his cooking utensils before going outside and talking to the Lost Boys. I watch him with a raised eyebrow but then finish my food. I wash it up too and collect what he told me to from upstairs. I meet him outside, the Lost Boys nowhere to be seen.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Put this on," Peter says and hands me a green, leather band.

"A blindfold?" I check and he nods, "Why?"

"Just put it on."

I sigh and tie it around my eyes. I feel unnerved by not being able to see anything. I feel Peter take my hand, pulling me forward. He puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Start walking, I've got you," he reassures and then guides me as I walk.

I can sense that we're walking downhill, down one of the paths recently revealed. Out of habit, I listen to my surroundings and count the steps to know the distance, and it's mainly the forest, but then the sounds change immediately. The beach. The waves softly rolling onto the sand, and swishing it away; the sounds of the water against the rocks and also how the sun is more intense, and how my feet sink slightly as I walk on the fine white sand of the Neverland. Peter makes us stop, he turns me to the left slightly by holding my waist.

"Okay, ready?" He says.

"Yep," I reply.

"Three...two...one!" Peter announces and whips the blindfold off.

I open my eyes and at first, I don't realise what I'm looking at.

It's a ship...

It's made of dark, glossed wood, with three huge sails and gold decorative features. The figurehead is a pixie, with short hair and a short dress and pom-poms on her shoes. The portholes are lined with gold. And the name, The Lost Immortal, is in gold.

"Really?" I say jokingly as I realise the name, turning to face him, "because that's not obvious at all."

"I was trying to make a nice gesture," Peter says.

"Have you learned nothing from your time with me?" I ask, resting my hands on his shoulders.

"So you like it?"

"I love it. Did you make it today?"

"Nope."

"What? When...?"

"The Boys and I have been building it ever since we came back, with help from the pixies and mermaids. Get on the ship and I'll explain more," Peter says with a smile.

We pull away from each other, Peter takes my hand and in a swirl of green smoke, we're in the centre of the deck. But I still see just a ship.

"So what's so special about this ship then?" I ask when Peter hops on board as well.

"Well, firstly, all those times I disappeared on 'business', and the Boys went on with their 'duties' while you were recovering, we were here, building this. I wanted to do it over a long period of time so it's absolutely perfect. For example, the wood is cannon-proof. If we ever find ourselves in battle, the wood re-seals itself so no time has to be wasted on repairs, with thanks to pixie dust. There's a hold, quarters for the boys and of course, your quarters," Peter begins and gestures to the door at the top of the stairs.