Chapter 5 - The Dragon and the Vampire

Start from the beginning

Kendor smiled as he put his book down folding the corner of a page, he placed the book on the coffee table and took his glasses off, his smile became a cheeky grin as he raised his eyes and closed one of the hinges and placed the edge of the temple tip of his glasses in his mouth in a playful fashion “so then it was successful?”

He knew this was a sign that Kendor was waiting for his opportunity, what also gave it away was Kendor’s tail, it was moving in a swinging motion by the side of his chair, he bent over forward and clasped his hands together with a smile “yes it was, her blood was sweet and something I haven’t had in a long time”

Kendor kept his playful look “a virgin?”

He nodded eagerly “yes, it was lovely in taste, well I have to leave my inventions won’t make themselves you know”

Before he could make a move Kendor giggled slightly and said “well if that is the case then why don’t I smell blood on you and how did you get that gash on your arm?”

He forgot about that, as a vampire he would heal up quicker than normal humans or dragons but the mark and the slight hint of a scar was there, he looked down on it “oh this? Had a run in with a pack”

Kendor nodded in approvement and he thought for a moment that Kendor believed him until he spoke again “so how come I don’t smell fresh virgin blood on you and that I can only smell shame and disappointment as well as...”

Kendor stopped and took in a couple of deep wiffs from the air around him; he shook his head “no it couldn’t be”

He seemed surprised by his comment and noticed that Kendor was off in his own little world, this was his chance to change the subject “what do you mean?”

Kendor sighed and his look showed he was reminiscing about an event before he looked at the vampire and said “you know I told you about that girl in the Inn? The poor dear who didn’t have any foot wear, the bar keep saying she would have to sleep behind the bar and how yours truly saved her from some thugs, gave her all my money and boots”

The vampire looked at Kendor with the thought of the guest that he brought in, no boots “yes, what about her?”

Kendor sighed “well I thought for a moment that you brought her here, but that can’t be true”

He felt his heart skip a beat as the thought that he brought in the same girl, Kendor sighed again he placed his glasses on the table on the book; he then sat forward and clasped his hands together “so who is the pretty young thing that you brought in and placed in my bed chambers?”

The vampire sat up on a slight alert as he thought great he knows “how long have you known?”

Kendor smiled as he sat back with his hands apart “oh its nothing to do with the fact that I don’t smell blood on you, there is none on your shirt which is a relief to me as I don’t have to wash it so hard this time, but the scent of a virgin is all over this place, plus you just told me”

He sat frozen in place almost gobsmacked, he was caught out this time he had taken that conveighing bait, “and here I thought you wanted to get some blood and here you are bringing in guests”

“Oh will you give it a rest, she will be gone by the morrow”

“Really? And here I thought you were being generous. So, how did it really happen?”

 The vampire sat back on his chair with his head in one hand “I found her, she kicked me, I fled, I fought wolfs and when I was about to lead her to the other side of the forest, she fainted on me, on the spot”