One year after 2

CHRIS

Jess and Mike arrived soon after we called. After the "incident " we all have become much closer. We all bought apartments close to eachother, and some of us live together. Mike, Jess, and Matt have an apartment, Me, Ash and Sam share one as well. Emily, though, lives on her own. Ever since what happened and her breaking up with Matt, she's been a loner. We try to check up on her but she constantly ignores us. We hope she's okay.

A lot of us dropped out of college to work on our mental health. What happened really fucked us up. Emily, Sam, and I have all stayed in college, Mike and Matt are doing some online courses, but that's all I'm aware of. I'm taking a course in technology, Sam is in Vet school, and Emily, I'm not sure. She's dropped out of contact.

"Hello!" I heard Mike call out as he opened he door. We also heard Jessica yell a hello. Ashley and I got up and greeted the couple.

"Do you want anything to drink..eat?" Ashley asked as she walked the two over into our apartment. "No thanks" they both replied. "But..I want to talk about Sam." Jess sat down on the couch. Mike looked concerned and sat down next to her. Ash sighed and sat down next to me.

I've realized that Mike and Sam have become very close to eachother. Ever since the incident, they have become pretty much best friends. Sam lost Hannah and Josh. She lost two of her best friends, and I honestly feel horrible for her. She deserves happiness after all of this.

"I'm really worried about her." Jess says, and Mike nods in agreement. "We are too." Ashley says, visibly concerned. "I've tried everything, I offer to take her to my doctor, my psychologist, and she won't accept it. She thinks she can deal with it, but she's obviously affected by her nightmares." Jessica rests her head on Mike's shoulder in defeat.

"There's not much we can do..." I sigh. We all sit in silence for a few minutes when I get a call. From Sam.

SAM
I stare at my phone screen in disbelief. I'm standing in the middle of a bustling restaurant and I'm focused on some stupid prank a sick dickwad is playing. I hesitate and go against my gut, I decide to turn around.

I see a figure in a black hood sitting at the table behind me. His head is down looking at his phone.
"Hello?" I say, not moving from my spot.
They didn't answer.
"Listen I don't know who you are but if this is apart of some game to fuck up my emotions, congratulations, you won." I say and tears start to form.
It's a man.
He takes off his hood.
"Hi Sammy." Says the disfigured face of Joshua Washington.

EMILY

I'm honestly broken. I'm so fucking alone. I drove all of my friends away. I drove my boyfriend away. All I can remember is him. I miss him. I've been so full of myself I couldn't think of anyone else. They've been trying and I've been an asshole. I'm sorry.

It's been a year. Maybe I should. Call them. I'll talk to Matt. All we wanted was to have a fun vacation. It didn't turn out that way.

JOSH

It's been so long since I've seen my friends. I was taken into rehab when I was contained. It was basically prison. I was given nothing but baby food and water. I have gone under the knife so many times it's like a second home. I can't give them too much shit, they gave me my life back. I felt so dead. It was like I had no control.
Now I'm free.
I need to find Sam.