The Frozen Rider! Part One

Start from the beginning

'Marco, it's been over ten centuries from what I've gathered.'
'What?! What about Brom?'
'You could ask.'

I looked at Eragon. "Do you know of a man named Brom." His eyes widened. "He died. He died protecting me." Brom, my tutor, my friend, is dead. I closed my eyes, fighting the tears back. "Where's Winter." "He's outside. Taking a nap. Or at least, that's what I left him doing." I tilted my head. That's it! I remember now. Aura was the Elf ambassador. I shook my head. No time to worry about that. Winter was my priority. I ran out the cave. There stood my white dragon. I ran at him, immediately hugged his neck. Tears streaming down my face. "I thought we were gonna die. I thought you were gonna die."

'Well we're fine now. That all that matters.'

I turned towards the cave looking at a elf woman with long black hair, and then Eragon. She immediately gave me the elvish greeting. I brushed it off. I never understood why us elves had to go threw it. Why couldn't we just say 'hi!', and then move on, like the humans do. "I'm assuming you Ayra." I said. She stood aback. The fact that I had just threw the greeting out the window obviously bothering her. She nodded. "Marco. Im assuming that if Galbatriox is still on the throne, then the Varden are still fighting." She nodded. "Of course. Also, it's good to see you again Marco, I wasn't sure it was you." "Likewise. I need details of everything's that's going on."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I blinked. "Ok. That's a lot." Eragon nodded. "A lot has happened. But we need to get back to the Varden's camp."

'Winter. Your the one that's good at math and time and all that kind of stuff. How long would it take us to get to the Varden camp on foot?'
'If the landscape is the same as it used to be, then it could take a week, maybe two.'
'How long would it take us on you? And would you be able to make it was us three?'
'A few days. And yes. Don't think I can't.'
'Ok! Ok! Sorry!'

"We can take Winter. He can get us there faster." I said. "Are you sure?" Ayra said. "Would he even be able to handle it?" Eragon asked. Winter huffed, sending cold frosty air at him. I laughed. "SEE!! EVEN HE WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD!" I yelled at Winter. He immediately glared at me. "Gomen, gomen." I said as I stopped laughing. "Huh?" I looked at Eragon. "It's from a different culture. Where I actually grew up. While I may be an elf, I grew up with humans. A small village, it wasn't even on a map." "What happened to it?" Ayra spoke before I could respond. "A disease came over them. As far as we know, Marco and Winter are the only ones from there." I nodded. He bowed his head. "I'm so sorry." I shook my head. "It's fine. I was the one who brought up a dead language."

'We should get some sleep. We have a long ride ahead of us tomorrow.'

I nodded, relaying the message. I grabbed my weapon from where it was left on the ground. Then curling up under Winters wing.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I'm not sure I understand." Eragon sighed. "The scales will tear up our thighs,-" "I understand that, but that never happens to me. It used to." I should then the inside of my legs, the skin was rough, and it was completely made of scare tissue. No feeling there at all. "Oh my god." Ayra whispered. "I could coat her back in ice, then we can seal a blanket on it." I said. Winter nodded, and they sighed.

I climbed onto Winter, I hadn't even sat down when Winter took off.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>