Chapter two

"Amelia, you look beautiful dear." father says as i walk out in my dark green dress.

"Thank you father." i smile at him. Father was eating when i walked in, he looked at me waiting for me to sit down, but when i didn't he placed his hands into his lap.

"What is it Amelia?" he asked.

I quickly walked up to him. "Father please can i go and watch them set for the Festival?" He let out a sigh. "Oh please father, i promise ill careful. Just this once will you let me go out on my own?" I put my hands together and gave him the saddest eyes i could muster.

He gave me a side glance, and then a small smile came across his face. "Oh alright." i gasped and hugged him.

"Thank you father!" before he could change his mind i started twords the door. "Amelia." he called out to me. I looked back at him with worry.

"Don't go near the gypsy's. Do you understand me?" his face was now grim.

Clopin flashed in my head. "Yes father." I then ran out of the house. I ran all the way back to the court yard of the church seeing all the colorful people setting up their own booths and tents. In the middle stood a stage and a place with 2 chairs not to far from one another. Music was playing from all over as i walked around. As i walked i saw a flash of purple. Snapping my head in the direction, i felt a little disappointed to only see a woman with lovely long black hair dancing and playing a tambourine. A small goat dance around her as she did.

Her dancing was mesmerizing drawing in people as they walked by. A few stayed to watch her dance clapping along with her, so i did the same smiling as well. After a moment a whistle noise stopped her from playing. The goat grabbed the hat that was collecting money spilling it onto the street. Before i could think i ran in picking up the coins and placing them in the hat as the other woman did it as well.

"Thank you." she says with a kind smile as she stood up to run. But was stopped as 2 guards stood in her way.

"Alright girly where'd you get the money?" he asked as he tried to take it from her.

"For your information I earned it." she bit back at him.

"Gypsy's don't earn money." the first guard says as the second grabbed fer from behind.

"I think she stole it."

"You would know a lot about stealing."

"Unhand her." i told them standing and placing my hands on my hips. The guards looked at me and chuckled.

"Another one huh? we got 2 trouble makers." he tried to grab the woman's money, but she kicked up, hitting him in the jaw.

The goat then jumped in and hit both of the guards. She grabbed my hand and pulled me as she ran away. "Hold on gypsy!" they called out. The woman dragged me threw a few streets before letting me go.

"Thank you for sticking up for me."she pulled out a gray cloak as i shrugged.

"They were in the wrong." i simply said.

"You must go before they see us."she then dropped to the ground, and with the goats help she looked like a beggar.

"Whats your name miss?" i asked as i walked backwards.

She moved the cloak to show her smiling face. "Esmeralda."

"Amelia." Hearing foot steps i started to run back out to the church court yard again.

I looked around watching some of the other performers dancing and playing songs. One group had other town folk dancing with them. I smiled, knowing that not all the people showed hatred was calming. As i got closer my hand was grabbed and i was pulled into the dance. I smiled and laughed as everyone dance in union, enjoying this time. When i was passed to the next dancer my heart skipped.

"Mr. Clopin." i couldnt hide my smile.

He smiled back down at me. "Well, well miss Amelia. I didnt think i was to see you so soon." He held out his hand waiting for me to accept it. I could feel a slight blush as i placed my hand into his and we started to dance together. He placed his free hand on my waist as i placed mine on his other shoulder. My heart was racing so hard i couldnt breath.

"Will you be attending the festival of fools my dear?" he asked with a grin.

"Oh yes." i said with my own grin. "I've never been to one before."

"Oh but i would have thought your father would have told you, Miss Amelia Frollo." his grin turned into a smirk as his eyes locked with mine.

My smile dropped. "You-You know?"

"Ah yes, and i know about his adopted daughter." he spun me around before he continues. "How he doesn't want her to be corrupted. So he hide her away."

I didnt know what to say know one has really known who i was unless you where close to my father.
"How did you-"

"I knew it must have been you since i haven't seen you before." he cuts me off and pulls me against him locking eyes with me. He flashed a smirk as i started to blush. "And i would have remembered you if i ever did." I failed to hid my smile as his face got close to mine.

"Why would you have remembered me?" i challenged.

He raised his brows at me in surprise as he grinned. I could feel his breath on my face as he pulled me closer to him. But then the music stopped and everyone started to clap. I cleared my through as we both let go of one another and bowed like everyone else did to their partner. Everyone then started to walk twords the stage as my fathers horse came up to where the 2 chairs sat. I turned to look at Clopin, but he was gone. I looked around, but he was no where to be found. After a moment to let my face cool down i ran to the chairs where my father sat.