Part One

The sun was just about to rise, the town was silent except for the sounds of birds chirping distantly

The sun was just about to rise, the town was silent except for the sounds of birds chirping distantly. The man was aware, as he jogged that his heartbeat was increasing and beads of sweat were running down his back. This was new to him.

He stopped running in the centre of the bridge and leaned over his hands on his knees, huffing and puffing.

This was proving to be more difficult than he initially imagined. He looked over the bridge at the river, a small playing on his lips with an expression that was sad but content. This particular bridge held memories that would always belong to this bridge in this town.

He stretched out, his muscles cracked and he sighed heavily before turning back to jog back home.

His lover must be awake, hopefully whipping up a delicious Sunday breakfast for him. When he reached home he could hear her humming in the kitchen and despite the heaviness in his heart, a smile broke out on his face.

She was the queen of his darkness.

She turned to him, wearing his deep blue shirt which came down below her knees, a smile playing on her lips. "Is that Damon Salvatore breaking out into a sweat that I'm witnessing?" Her eyes widened dramatically, filled with humor. "Damn. Never thought I'd live to see the day."

In one fluid motion, he grabbed her waist and pulled her to him, her face right up in his chest. "Is that Elena Gilbert COOKING? Never thought I'd live to see the day?"

"Get in the shower if you want any of this, Mister!"

"Only if you join me, my love."

He lifted her face and made eye contact with her, his eyes holding many wicked promises. He smirked when her body naturally responded to his touch, arching closer and he leaned over to meet her lips. She nipped at his lip and he growled, his hands traveling down her body. He groaned, "You're purposely teasing me. I'm not giving up till you join me."

She laughed and twisted away, her face flushed. "I'm trying to make my boyfriend an omelette, quit making cheap shots in attempt to distract me."

He went behind me and placed his hands on her waist as she attempted to flip the omelette and he laughed when she failed. "I'm trying, Damon!"

"Easy does it. You need be quicker but slowly lift it, like this."

He easily flipped it over and she let out a huff of frustration. "Your pancake making gave you an advantage."

"I'm naturally a pro, baby. Can't help it."

He kissed her neck and she gasped quietly when she felt him press against her, realizing exactly how much he wanted her. She untangled herself and scowled. "Shower. Now!"