08 ; bon appétit

Start from the beginning

"Roman!" Eden snapped, as Fern squealed out an amused "Oh my God!" at the same time.

"Eden, you didn't tell me you had a boyfriend," Constance said, now frowning in an angry manner.

"I don't," Eden replied, flustered and frustrated. "Roman is just a friend. But even that statement is on unstable ground right now."

"Uh-oh," Fern snickered, laughing behind her hand with Roman smirking behind her. The two of them seeming to enjoy Eden's frazzled state of mind.

"I'm going now," The youngest O'Malley said, shoving Fern roughly out of her way. "Please, have a terrible rest of your day."

"Have fun!" Fern called out to them, "Don't give it up too easy Ed's! Remember, I see everything!"

The door closed just as Eden heard her mother begin to chastise her sister for that last comment. Eden was fuming, fists curled at her sides as Roman laughed his way towards the drivers seat of his car.

"They're amazing," Roman said, starting the engine.

"They're a curse placed on me for an unknown reason." Was Eden's stiff reply, arms crossed over her chest as Roman pulled away from her driveway.

Roman held the silence for a few moments, before he was asking, "What did your sister mean by she see's everything?"

"Want the fake answer or the real one?" Eden asked, looking in Roman's direction.

"Can I get both?" The rich boy requested.

"Fine," Eden said, sucking in a breath. "The fake reason is that Fern was just joking."

"Alright," Roman drawled, eyes steady on the road. "Now, what's the real reason?"

"All the rumors that the Hemlock townies spew about us, may just have a bit of truth to them," Eden said, giving a faint shrug.

"You're actually witches?" Roman asked, dubious.

Rolling her eyes, Eden shook her head, "Fern is psychic."

"Your mom?" Roman pushed, looking at Eden with a bit of curiosity in his eyes.

"Some kind of undisclosed mind-reader." Eden answered, biting the corner of her lip. She left out the part where this was just a theory of hers; and that her mother had yet to confirm anything.

"What are you?" Roman asked after a beat, flicking his eyes away from the road to look at her for a few seconds.

"I'll tell you when I find out," Was Eden's flat reply, before she was shifting forwards in her seat. "Do you know where you're going? We're on a time limit, you know."

"I have Destiny's address typed into my GPS," Roman said, pointing towards the new device on his dashboard that Eden hadn't noticed beforehand.

"I'm excited to meet her," Eden said, rubbing her hands together excitedly. "Peter's told me so much about Destiny."

"I bet she's kind of crazy," Roman replied, sounding a bit unsure.

Eden felt her lips curl into a smirk. "I'm counting on it."

A few minutes later, Roman was pulling into the parking lot of a small apartment building. It was cute, and Eden found herself drawn to it's aura immediately.

For a moment, Eden almost wished that she'd brought Fern along. Her sister would be joyous over the good energy she could use for more stable and reliable visions here.

Gathering her things, Eden left the car and made her way towards the front door. Roman followed beside her.

Both of them stopped at the main door, seeing a sign with a hand, palm-up, with the word PSYCHIC above it.