They all reunited as though they were family. I sensed some odd tension between Mako and the two women, but Bolin acted as oblivious as Iroh did with me sometimes. Maybe he just instinctively saw the good in people, or maybe it was a conscious choice, but I didn't ever really think they had to be mutually exclusive, though it was clear some people were more hesitant to trust than others: like me. Iroh waved, nudging me forward, as they all turned to look at us. A few other benders and allies behind them blushed. I didn't know I was doing the same. Though, they couldn't really tell. We'd just come from a fight, after all, and one out in the ocean at that. We could've all just been really sunburnt if it wasn't for that.

"Bao." Korra caught her breath. They'd been fighting hard. I observed Iroh was still tired as well. They'd both fall asleep later, for a while anyway. "You lucked out!" She rolled her eyes, turning to her friends. Mako looked aloof, while Bolin's grin never left his cheerful face. She elbowed me. "She missed the fight." Asami's eyes widened as she scanned the empty beach and now still waters.

"What happened?" Mako asked testily. I hope he didn't already hate me. It seemed like he was the type to do so: dislike someone without giving them a reason why. I at least always tried to cut people some slack, to the point where it actually drove me crazy, made me really sad to see other people act so flippantly about how poorly they treated others. Hm. Maybe I was more trusting than I thought. Well, not trusting, but forgiveness seemed easy enough. They weren't the same, but they were similar. I held my breath. The thing had left when I showed up. I couldn't handle it. I felt strange, I'd wanted to not have to bend in front of everyone but I was prepared to, and now I was somewhat disappointed, offended even, that the spirit would just leave. Was it because of me? That's why I should have just shut up. I broke in.

"It left! The spirit. I don't know why it's so mad. I thought they'd be different when the Avatar was around them. This one left when I came. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't need to interrupt. I ruined this."

"Are you kidding me?" Korra was the one to yell, so much it actually startled Mako. I hated it, being the one to receive what I took to be the after-effects of her loss. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling I caused it. I caused this to end poorly. It'd have been better if I just stayed home. I felt like such a loser. "You think this was because of you?"

Ma Ling broke in: the chance to yell at me instead of her friend was too good to pass up. Still, she was laughing. "Yeah, Sugar Queen. The world doesn't revolve around you."

"I-I..." I wanted to cry, but as I turned back to look at Iroh, he didn't seem upset. Damn it! I knew this would happen. He was too good of a person to see when people were being cruel.

"Save it, Bao." Korra laughed, too. "You're hopeless."

"Okay, that does it!" I closed my eyes and yelled. "Don't be so mean! You're the Avatar, aren't you?" I opened my eyes, and now, much too late, Iroh saw I was upset. I raised a hand to my cheek. Damn. I was weak enough to cry already? He laid his hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, Bao, did someone die?" It was Mako who asked. He looked concerned. I was losing my mind.

"I seemed to have suffered a concussion." Everyone laughed. I guess I was right! Maybe I had most my sanity. Korra smiled and extended her hand. "You're not crazy. I'm serious, though." The first of her statements made me feel better, while the last one hurt again. "This isn't about you. You're not the cause of these issues, and I don't want you to get all upset every time something happens that's out of your control. So, grow up, love. You'll be amazed at how many people don't have the luxury to do so at their own pace."

Ma-Ling frowned. I wasn't sure why. "I'm sorry." I whispered it.

"Ugh!" Korra had turned back to her friends, and we were supposed to be happy at the fact we'd all been okay, but then I broke in again. "Don't be! Stop saying that or I'll electrocute you!" She punched my arm. Ow. She was strong. She had to be. "I don't believe you're telling me the truth, anyway. No ones that humble." My mouth fell open. They thought I was pretending?