2

"I could stay with you for hours in an empty room

And never get bored, never have anything to do." 

Beautiful Thing by Grace VanderWaal

"So, today's the day huh." Nate Meyer, my second best friend, says, trying to act nonchalant about the fact that I am about to go meet the rest of the cast.

"Yeah. I guess." I say, twiddling my thumbs. *anyone??... this is what I get when I try to be funny* I know that he will freak out any second now... I just have to wait.

"How are you not more excited?!" Nate shouts, rising from his seat.

I start giggling, knowing that that was the reaction I would get. I look at my watch and say, "I am more excited that you can imagine but I have to go now. Bye guys."

"Bye." Agnes, Zeke, and Nate say, dejected that they can't go meet the rest of the cast too.

"I will get you guys a meet with the rest of the cast soon enough." I say with a groan at the end. 

"Yay!" they cheer.

"Bye now!" I say, not turning around for fear of starting another conversation and being late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first face to greet me is my agent, Mike. He leads me to he rest of the cast, congratulating me on my acquisition of the role.

The first face I notice after that is the beautiful and tall Zendaya.

"Hey! It is so nice to finally meet you!" She greets me with a smile.

"Oh my god, Zendaya knows who I am, I think I might faint." I say, starting to fangirl more than I thought was possible.

"Hey hey, don't faint on me now! You still have to meet the rest of the cast." She replies with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah, I should probably do that before I freak out more." I say with a big, goofy grin on my face.

The next face that greets me is Tom's.

"Hello love." He says, taking my hand in his and planting a kiss on it. "Even more beautiful in person." 

"Thank you." I say, my cheeks flushing tomato red. "It is nice to meet you too."

"Smooth Tom." I hear someone comment from behind me. 

I turn around and nearly fall down. It was Robert Downy Jr.

"Hello, nice to meet you. Kat is it?" He says with a friendly smile on his face.

"Um... yes... you're... you're Robert Downey Jr." I stammer, unable to form a proper coherent sentence.

He chuckles and, noticing I almost nearly fell, puts a hand on my shoulder to keep me steady.

"Sorry, I am just a really big fan! I am also a bit of a comic book dork." I say with a shy smile.

I meet the rest of the cast in the next hour and start getting used to talking with Zendaya and RDJ without falling or stammering.

"Okay guys, so you will have today to get to know each other and then we will start reading lines tormorrow." The director, Jon Watts, said.

It was around noon when he said this, so we all thought about getting lunch. Not everyone went together however.

"Hey, Kat. Do you wanna go to lunch?" Tom said, his hand on the back of his neck and a slight blush creeping up on his cheeks.

"Sure." I said a little too excitedly. Realizing my mistake, I blush furiously until Zendaya comes over.

"Hey RDJ, wanna crash these two lovebirds' date?" Zendaya says with a big grin on her face.

"Sorry kiddo, you can do it on your own, I have something I have to attend to." RDJ said.

This whole time, Tom was throwing a pointed glare at Zendaya who pretended she didn't notice.

"Alright shorties, let's go." Zendaya says, starting to walk ahead.

"Hey!" Tom and I say at the same time, bursting into laughter after.

"I'm not THAT short," Tom says in his defense. "Well not as short as our dear Katherine here." He adds with a quick wink at the end.

"Hey!" I say while hitting his arm with a fake hurt look on my face.

"Sorry Kat,  but I can't say he is wrong." Zendaya says with a teasing smile.

"Oh well." I sigh. 

~~~~

We reach the restaurant. We start some small talk but when we get our food, it eventually turns into a small food fight between me and Tom with Zendaya just watching us with an amused look on her face.

We hung out for another few hours, got each other's numbers. I can tell that these will be great friendships... I really like them.

So just a few small, cute moments. And did anyone notice that neither denied that it was a date... 😂😏 haha. Oh well. Sorry if this book seems cheesy. Don't judge me!