24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)

Începe de la început

But then you gasped and held your chest. You could feel the bare bones if your ribcage through your bloodstained uniform. And you fell over.

Another air bubble made its way towards you two. "And you were so close!" Kira laughed.

It was scraped away. You looked up. "Okuyasu?!"

He was standing there all triumphant. "Y'know, I wonder what happens to the things I scrape away. I don't even know!" Josuke, for some reason, was tearing up. "I thought you were dead!" Your eyes widened. "You died?!"

"Well, almost," he began. "I dreamt that I was walking through somewhere and it was pitch black. Then there was a spark of light, and I saw my dead brother, Keicho.

He asked me where I was going. I said I had to follow him, and he said that I'd be the one who'd decide where I was going. And I decided I'd come back to Morioh."

"I can't believe you're daydreaming in a time like this, you idiot!" Josuke said, literally on the verge of tears. You smiled. "Welcome back..."

You felt your chest again. You seemed to be fine.

"I fixed you up," said Josuke without looking at you. You smiled at his stubbornness.

"You're cornered, Kira," you muttered, standing up and gesturing at the ambulances and the fire trucks blocking off the street.

Thankfully, Jotaro, Koichi, and Rohan were coming around the corner. A paramedic lady ran up to Kira and asked if he was okay. He took her hand.

"H-He's in despair," Hayato said. "It's going to activate!" You turned to Hayato. "What's going to activate?!"

"Bites the dust! It's a special bomb that implants itself in the innocent, and when it explodes, it turns time back an hour! Everyone here but her will be blown away!"

"So that's what it's called," you say, shifting your weight into the other foot.

"I'm going to activate it...!" Kira shouted, overly confident. Jotaro and Rohan ran towards him. You did, too, unwillingly.

"ACT THREE! FREEZE! He's now within five meters!"

Koichi had Kira's hand pinned to the floor. You smiled. "Perfect!"

You and Jotaro both stopped time...at the same time. But you were the only one who could move. You were faster.

"Thank you, Koichi!" You say, turning towards Koichi. You cracked your knuckles and then licked your bottom lip excitedly.

"Now, let's take care of this scum! MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!"

A hail of punches.

"DIE, KIRA!"

Bam! A fist right through the stomach. You felt it on your own fist, too.

"Time will resume."

Time moved again. He flew halfway across the pavement before painfully skidding to a stop. However, he was still really determined to press the button.

"I'm...gonna...do...it..." he weakly croaked.

An ambulance started to back up in his direction. "Wait! There's someone back there!" People cried.  But it was too late. The tire crushed his head like a bat and a watermelon.

"Fatality!," you said, mimicking the MC from Mortal Kombat, whilst fist-pumping. "We did it!" 

A paramedic ran up to Josuke. "Are you alright? We'll get you fixed up right away!" And they proceeded to wrap him up.

You smiled. Yet another scum had been ridden from the earth.

"I helped you. You're going to help me."

You gasped. "No. You wouldn't." You knew what DIO had in store. He wanted to finish that beef with Jotaro from 10 years ago.

Jotaro approached you. "Great work." You smiled nervously, before slowly backing away.

"Come on! Do it!" You growled. Or at least, DIO made you growl. "No! I'm not gonna!" You muttered under your breath.

"10 years...It's been a while, Jotaro--" you continued, before slapping hand over your mouth. You whispered. "Give it up already! You're not going to be able to do it!"

"Are you alright?" Asked Jotaro, his brows furrowing. You shook your head no. "I'm sorry, I need to go!" Then, you ran away, not before DIO made you slam yourself into a wall. You whimpered in pain. "Quit it!"

You struggled to keep yourself from turning around. "You're not going to start this now, DIO!" You may have said out loud. Jotaro stopped in his tracks. "Did you say--"

That's when he totally took over. Y/n L/n was not in that body anymore. It was all DIO's.

Y/n/DIO turned around, smirking at Jotaro. Her/his eyes a bright red, she/he utters--

"I haven't seen you since Cairo."
---
A/N
You though there was going to be an author's note...

"---A/NYou though there was going to be an author's note

BUT IT WAS I, DIO!