Death?

"Well today was one hell of a day.. it's my birthday and yet nothing goes how I wanted.. sigh.." I said to myself as I was walking home from university. 

As I said earlier, today is my birthday and yet, my boyfriend bailed on me and none of my friends remembered my birthday. Even my own parents didn't call me... Even though I'm not the type that needed many people to acknowledge me and celebrate it, but it would be nice if my own parents remember my birthday and congratulate... *sigh* this is so depressing... You must be wondering who is this weird depressing girl that is talking to herself. My name is Rena Ichinomiya and apparently, I'm the main character in this story 

(author: wahhhh why do you said it like you hate being the main character in this story Rena.... Rena: well I do. You gave me a depressing start and then you send me into a tragic lane. author:... *crying* MOM MY CHARACTER IS BULLYING ME... Rena: Humph..)

As I was heading to my apartment, I saw a girl, that was being chased down by a man. 

"Wait... What is he trying to do?!" I thought to myself. Even though I'm only a beginner in Aikido and Tae Kwon Do, I still try to rescue the damsel in distress. 

"HEY! YOU SCOUNDREL! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO?!" I  shouted to the man. 

"YOU GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! SO BUGGER OFF!" the man barked while he grabbed the girl's arm. 

I can see clearly that she has bruises all over and that she was shivering. I know that this is none of my business, but I can't just turn a blind eye to this! If I was in her shoes I would want someone to help me too! And so I steeled my guts and steeled my nerves. I can feel myself shivering but I have resolved myself to help her. 

"L..le..let he..her go thi..is ins..instance..!" I stuttered. 

"Haha! what are you going to do, brat?! You can't even stand up straight and you're trying to save others?! SCRAM! BEFORE I BEAT YOU UP NEXT!" The man threatened me. I could see that he really will hurt me, if I dare to take even one step towards them.

On the other hand, she is looking straight at me and I can see the hopelessness in her eyes. 

"He...help.. me.. ple..plea..se..." she pleaded. 

This is foolish and stupid but.. "Alright! Because you won't let her go, then I will make you let her go!" I said and the I start sprinting toward him. 

Because of my small figure and training, I can run quite fast. The man didn't expect that I could move that fast and nimble. Seeing that he let his guard down, I immediately threw some punches to him. Even though my punches don't pack a lot of strength, but I did it repeatedly. So its a lot harder to dodge. My punches force the man to take a defense stance and let the girl go. 

And immediately I shouted to the girl "RUN! HURRY!"  

And the girl waking up from the shock with shaky legs ran away from the scene and I got a glimpse of her mouth saying "thank you" to me. As I was feeling glad being able to safe the women, the man become enraged because the girl got away and turn even more vicious.

"YOU BITCH! SHE GOT AWAY BECAUSE OF YOU! SHE IS MY PROPERTY! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO LET HER GO!!" the man shouted at me.