Cortex replied, "She was one of the rejects just like Cristaen, Johnny, Selma, and Coral. I wasn't expecting them to live out here."

Nacey responded, walking around, "None of us were."

Nina bumped into someone and started to say, "Sorry about..."

That's when she saw a female Bandicoot. She had the same color of fur as Crunch did but looked A LOT like Coco. She had long brown hair pulled into a high ponytail, green eyes, B cup breasts, wearing a loose fitting pink shirt, tight blue jeans, and white shoes.

She asked, "Who are you?"

Nina answered, "Nina Cortex. Who the heck are you?"

She stated, "I'm Coral."

Crash looked at her and replied, "Wow. You do look a lot like Coco."

Cortex responded, "She does have some of Coco's DNA but she has mostly Crunch's."

Aku-Aku looked at the Psychroton and asked, "Is it still powered by power crystals?"

Johnny answered, "You know it and they have to be nothing but the best."

Nacey stated, "Then we go crystal hunting."

Nina replied, "There's an old storage room where uncle hid them after we met VC for the first time."

Crash shot Cortex a look jokingly as Cortex defended, "Hey, it came in handy..."

John stated, "Sure did."

Coco replied, "Okay, Nina and Nacey will get the power crystals we need. Nicholas and I will work on finding the Evil Twins lair...if there is one."

Cortex started to say, "No doubt there is one and..." He paused and asked, "Wait, wait, wait. Did you just call him...Nicholas?"

Coco answered, "Uh...yeah...? What else would I call my boyfriend?"

Cortex blurted out, "Boyfriend?!"

N. Gin smiled a bit sheepishly, kissing Coco on the cheek to prove her point. To this, Cortex just fainted. As he lost consciousness, he heard Nina saying something.

"That could've gone better."

...

-Flashback: After Crash Twin Sanity-

Nina went into the organ room after her classes were over and saw that her principal, Madame Amberely is there.

Amberely stated, coldly, "Well, look at who has returned to our school...Nina Cortex."

Nina wrinkled her nose a bit and responded, "You look well."

Madame Amberely scoffed at her, annoyed as she yelled, "Flattery will get you nowhere with me, young lady. Detention for blowing off your classes. Now, get going!"

Nina rolled her eyes at her command and replied, "Oh, yes ma'am."

Amberely grabbed her by the arm and forewarned, "One of these days, Nina Cortex, your uncle shall be blacklisted for being too soft." Nina was about to protest but Madame Amberely then added, "And the fact that you are hiding that you're really good!"

Nina managed to get out her principal's grip and said, standing firm, "That's not going to happen! You watch and see!" With that, Nina walked away from her principal, totally annoyed.Under her breath; she added, "At least, not while Uka-Uka is still breathing...."

With that, she walks into the detention hall and saw that students were battling. As a part of detention, the students often battled each other to work on their combat skills. Nina then noticed that a boy was sitting out. Nina took a risk and approached him. He had short blonde hair, blue eyes, very white skin, yellow shirt, blue jeans, and blue and white shoes. Nina was a bit surprised that he wasn't wearing the school uniform.

She asked, "Haven't been challenged yet?"

The boy shook his head and answered, "Nah, not really."

Nina turned and saw a red headed boy with brown eyes. He was wearing the same school uniform as Nina but he was a bit taller than the boy she was talking with.

Nina commented, "Steve is really rocking hard."

The boy raised an eyebrow and asked, "You know him?"

Nina nodded and answered, "Sure do, that's Steve and he has special fire moves." She called out to him, "Hey, Steve!"

Steve turned to Nina and waved as he shouted, "Hey, Nina! Welcome back! I would talk but I'm in the middle of something."

"I understand," Nina replied. As Steve goes back to his battle, Nina turned to the boy. Nina commented, "Yup, that's Steve for you...."

He perked up and asked, "Wait, did he say your name is Nina?"

Nina answered, "Yeah, that's right. I'm Nina Cortex." She added, smiling a bit, "You must be new here. Practically everyone in this school knows me."

Gus commented, "Well, I am new here. My name is Gus Galvon."

Nina stated, "Nice to meet you." She then asked, "Hey, Gus do you mind if I challenge you to a battle?"

Gus answered, nodding, "Sure thing, Nina. But, be warned that I won't go easy on you."

Nina stated, "That's fine and I won't get easy on you. You have the honor."

With that, the two started to duel. Gus turned into a monster ghost as Nina used her grapple hands. It was a great battle between them and they were pretty much even. But eventually, Gus won due to Nina fainting to a fever. Later that day, Nina woke up and saw that she was in the nurse's office, Gus watching over her.

-End of Flashback-

...

Gus was thinking about those events with a frown. He was missing Nina and quite frankly, being a ghost prince wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Oh how he longed to be free once more...

...

Wishmaker1028: Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!