5

september 9th, 1993

i walked into the school, and immediately saw the four boys. last night was one of the best of my whole life, and i had even made it home without my dad knowing i went anywhere.

i smiled a little bit, a little nervous to go up to them even though we had become friends. friends? still feels weird.

i looked closer, squinting my eyes. i realized that alex had his head on jacks shoulder with his chest pressed up against jacks. his shoulders were shaking and i think he was crying. the other boys were trying to comfort him. jack had the saddest look on his face as he hugged his best friend.

kids started walking to their classes and the noise was only jacks voice.

"it's okay alex. they're stupid. they're all stupid jocks. who cares what they think?" jack said, his voice sounding sad.
i quietly walked over to them and immediately put my hand on alexs back.

i was always the kind of person who would comfort people when i saw them sad, even if i didn't know the person. but i knew alex. he didn't seem like a cryer.

"alex?" i asked quietly.

"oh uh hey jasey" alex said, quickly pulling away from jack and leaning against a locker and crossing his arms.

i looked at him for a second and then hugged him as tightly as i could, standing on my toes so i could reach him.

"you don't have to act all cool, it's okay to cry i promise." i said, hugging him as he let out cries onto my jean jacket.

a few minutes later he pulled away and wiped his eyes.

"do you wanna talk about it?" jack asked quietly

alex mumbled something.

i sat down on the probably dirty hallway floor and pulled alex down with me, all the guys following until we were sitting in a circle.

alex was sitting next to me and he looked so shooken up i took his hand into mine in the most friendly way possible.

"those assholes!" alex said, looking up at the ceiling.

"what happened?" i asked quietly

"they called him gayskarth...and then they took a photo of uh...someone...from his locker and passed it all around the school and then destroyed it" zack said in his quiet tone.

"well they're stupid don't ya think alex?" i asked him, holding his hand tighter
he nodded, staying quiet.

"lets ditch!" jack said, rubbing his hands together in a menacing way.
"i don't know about that..." i said worriedly, thinking about what my dad would do if he found out.

"it'll be fun...please please please please..." jack said at least a thousand times until i finally cracked.

"fine whatever!" i said, throwing my arms up in the air.

"hah yes!!!" jack said, slinging his arm around alexs shoulder as they walked out of the building.

i walked up to rian and looked at him.
"who was the photo of...?" i whispering
"you'll find out when alex tells you..i don't think i can tell you myself. sorry" rian said with an apologetic look on his face.

"it's okay" i said, smiling shyly as we all got into the car.

"get ready to travel through time fuckers!" jack said excitedly, and then floored the gas.