Chapter One | Oxford University

Rosemary Masterson walked into her usual bar. She had a late night lecture and then stayed to talk to her professor a bit more before deciding to leave. She was twenty-one years old but she loved going there. She lived in Oxford and went to university there, she was a psychology major, on her third year. She learns about this bar when she was twenty and for the past year she went there sometimes to wind down after a long day.

When she walked in she immediately took off her light brown trench coat to only be in her short grey dress that was over a white button-up shirt. She walked over to the bar and put her coat down. Before she had a chance to order someone came over to her. She kept looking forward but he had his eyes fixated on her.

"And what might a beautiful girl like yourself be doing standing at the bar all alone," a charming accent spoke, she smiled to herself at the sound of the voice.

"I was supposed to be meeting my friends here but I didn't catch sight of them yet," she stated, a grin covering her lips. She had an American accent among many British ones. It was easier to tell who she was because of that. Something, among many, that made her different from the rest.

He caught a glimpse of that grin and clearly understood the game that was about to take place. So he decided to play along with the girl just for the fun of it. He motioned for the bartender to take their orders. "Norman, a pint of bitter for myself and a brandy for the lady over here." He looked back at her, "I don't understand why anyone would turn down such a beautiful specimen like yourself."

She raised an eyebrow. "What an odd thing to say to a girl. What do you mean by that?"

"Your eyes," he stated, "they are one of your most fetching traits. Hazel eyes, the mixture of green and brown eyes, many different variations of the color, but yours are a fair share of green and brown. A result are the result of the genes different from gey and bey2, creating its own new gene referred to as hey, it somehow creates a perfect balance of a lot and little melanin, making your unique eye color. It is a mutation, a very groovy mutation."

She bit down on her lip as a large smirk started to grow on her face. She was loving the compliments and long lecture about how amazing her eyes were. Which was okay since her eyes were so big they were like a cartoon character. "If you think that is all I have than you, my sweet, are sadly mistaken."

Their drinks arrived finally. He looked up at her and nodded with a grin on his face. "To being mutants, love."

"Mutant and proud," she grinned, clinking her drink with his before leaning in and finally kissing him. He was happy to have finally finished the fun game and get straight to the point that he enjoyed most. She pulled away first and looked up at him. "I love the games, Charles, but next time don't think I won't tease you back."

"You're torturous, my love," he commented, pretending to be hurt by her words.

She giggled and wrapped her boyfriends arm around her. She looked around for a certain blonde who was usually seen accompanying her boyfriend. She was her only friend that happened to be a girl. She turned back to Charles and raised an eyebrow. "Where is Raven?"

The girl walked over, "here."

Rosemary smiled at her friend, Raven. The two of them were close friends. In fact ever since Rose moved in with Charles, she and Raven had grown closer like sisters. But that still didn't stop Raven from being a bit jealous of the girl who was the object of all Charles affections. Not to mention there was a nine year age difference between them, not that it matter to Charles in the slightest. Rosemary was somewhat mature. But Raven was a bit jealous because Rose was one of those beautiful mutants with amazing powers who would never know what it is like to have to hide who you are.