ROOMMATES

As Ed was escorted through the door of his now shared room by Ms. Peabody, he saw Oswald sitting on the lower bunk, reading his book.

Edward approached him, and Os looked up. A smile now on his face, Ed returned it.

"Ed, how was it? Hugo's so nice, isn't he?" Os asked, rising from the bed.

"Yes, he was definitely . . . something," Ed said sitting down, and Oswald quickly followed suite. "Oswald . . . I have a question," Ed hesitated.

"Yeah, sure, Ed, you can ask me anything. Go ahead." Os answered, smiling.

"Are they - are they t - torturing you? Conditioning you?" He asked, wincing a little bit.

Oswald's smile faded slowly and his eyes widened. He opened his mouth, and Ed could tell he was struggling to find the right words. "N - no, of c - course not Ed, why on Earth would th - "

"Oswald," Edward quickly interrupted, placing his hands on both sides of Oswald's face. "I know you're in there. The real you. Please,"

"I don't know what you're talking about, old friend." Oswald smiled innocently and placed his hands atop Ed's. "The Penguin, the kingpin crime boss I saved from dying in the woods, the one I learned to grow so deeply fond of," Edwards eyes squinted as he studied Oswald's face. "Where is he?"

"Ed, I - " Oswald began to reply but was quickly caught off guard by Ed removing one of his hands and quickly replaced it with his lips. One very chaste, yet sweet, kiss, and Ed got up from the bed and went to his bunk, climbing into his bed.

Oswald just sat there, rubbing the spot where Ed's lips had met his skin, a smile plastered on his face.

~

~

A/N: Sorry if its a bit short :3 hope ya like it so far tho :) feedback is greatly appreciated. don't forget to vote and follow :*