Chapter one|chain

Mulai dari awal

I went to London immediately cause I had to find an apartment and also cause my job would have started the week after. I had seen a house on the internet that looked very nice. I thought about it during all the voyage, along with so many other thoughts that just kept bugging me giving me an headache.
I was also thinking that as soon as I arrived I should contact my aunt. No friends apparently. It's not like I was some kind of social outcast, it was just that all the friendships I had, felt very volatile and eventually disintegrated without even me noticing. People kept getting away form me probably.

I had landed at London City Airport, so I took a taxi that brought me to the hotel I was going to be for no longer than two days. I really wanted to get a house soon.
I left everything at the hotel, and went to the apartment where a miss from the agency I contacted when I was home, was waiting for me. I didn't even managed to appreciate the city a little, so I promised myself I would have found the time sooner or later.

- Hi - I said shyly.

- Good morning miss. Can you please follow me? I'll let you see the apartment you asked for - she was an elegant woman. She was wearing a black tailleur with thin white vertical lines. She was slim and around fourty years old.

- Sure! - I was so excited.

She let me in the palace made of dark bricks.
There was no elevator, so we climbed the stairs until the third floor. The hallway was cold and the handrail was made of a black metal. When we arrived in front of the white door, that was in contrast with the rest of the place, my heart was beating fast.
She opened the door and when I entered, I felt like that could became my new home.
The walls were made of bricks, the living room wasn't too big. There was a brown couch in the middle of the room, in front of it, just a forniture with a small squared library. Ahead there was a table with two chairs, next to a window seat that occupied half of the wall. The pavements were all white wooded covered by carpets.
The kitchen was in a small gangway in which there were other two rooms.
The kitchen was made of a dark brown fornitures and a little kitchen island. Above it  five or six tiny led lights bulbs falling would be perfect, I thought.
The bathroom was made of blue tiles.
When she opened the bedroom's door I could see that it was just made of a bed and a wardrobe. Two of the four walls were white, the others made of bricks like the rest of the house. It also had a window seat. I already could picture how I would transform them.
I went back to the living room, and approached the window. I could see the top of the Big Bang tower and also a tiny part of the London Eye. A small garden was on the right of my palace, and everything looked like a dream to my eyes.

- We have a deal - I said to the miss.

The apartment was a furnished one, so the day after I already managed to transfer there. I decided that I had to buy some stuff, that meant some paintings, in this way I could draw and furnish more the house. I also had to buy some walls paint and decided that a light grey would be ideal.
I wore a black high-waist skinny jeans and a white T- shirt. I picked a little umbrella and went out with my crossbody bag made of dark leather.
When I closed the building's front door, the smell of rain was evident, but still, I loved it.
I recalled that I had to pass by my workplace. In the e-mail they wrote that I had to visit the place asap.

I took my phone and opened Google maps. When I arrived I went to the head of my department.
She was a women with style. She wore a tailleur with some squares. Her hair were long and black and no, she wasn't wearing glasses on top of her nose. She looked like a 40 years old lady, her name was Shay Wallcraft, that's what was on her license plate. She welcomed me with a warm smile and give me the weekly timetable, telling me that I had two weeks to take an interview. It was obviously a test.
She picked up the phone and told to a certain Brownie to come to her office.
Five seconds after, someone was knocking at the door, and a curious girl came in. She had light brown hair and eyes of the same color, thought the end of the hair were blue. She had a curvy type of body and a light red was on her lips. She looked like a sweet and good person.