Chapter 23 A Ride with Gage

Mulai dari awal

“How would” I didn’t get to finish

“Because she is in your pack” she said. I jumped to my feet knocking the chair over making Lexi squeal. The door bust open and Hunter ran in looking around ready to attack.

“Who” I demanded.

“Make him leave” she said pointing to Hunter.

“Go away” I ordered but he didn’t look happy about it.

“Go on babe I’m fine” Lexi said. Hunter walked out the door pulling it closed behind him grumbling about not trusting people and having a heart attack.

“Now tell me” I said but instead Elizabeth opened the briefcase and handed me a stack of papers. I looked through all of them seeing dollar amounts from 5,000 to 100,000 dollars. Descriptions of looks, size, strengths and weakness. There was only 15 papers though with details about the boys. But there was 20 with money transactions. Then there were 2 that were girls and they were the lowest paid ones, only 5,000 dollars.

“Where are the other 5” I asked still looking through the papers.

“He never received them which made him very angry because he paid for them. But I don’t know what he did about it all I know is he paid David a lot of money and those boys were treated like slaves till they were old enough to learn to fight. From that point on they were trained to kill and that is what they plan to do, kill any and all Alpha’s to take over their territory. I know you don’t trust me and I don’t blame you but if you want his name then you have to promise me protection. Once I have your word I will tell you his name and the mole that has been helping him and Gage” Elizabeth said.

“You seem to know an awful lot about what is going on right now, tell me why I should promise you anything. Why should I put the people I care about in danger when I don’t know you or if anything you say is true? All this could just be junk and I wouldn’t know till it was too late” I said waving the papers around.

“Lock me in a cell for now, then go check out David’s house, I’m sure you will find something, or someone there that will be helpful in proving what I say is truth. I took a chance coming here knowing that I might die giving you this information so I’m asking you to at least look and help me. This is the answers you need, and when I give you the name you will have all the answers.” She said handing me a picture. Lexi leaned over my shoulder staring at it with me.

“Fine, if what I find is helpful then I will protect you, but if I find out you are playing me I will kill you myself” I said standing up shoving the picture in my pocket. Within seconds Hunter was in the room with JP.

“I’m assuming you have cells somewhere around here” I asked looking at Hunter.

“Yeah why?” he asked.

“Lock her up till I get back, she is not to be harmed or treated badly. She is pregnant and if what she told me is true then she will be under my protection” I said walking out of the room leaving Lexi and Hunter with Elizabeth. JP was hot on my heels as I went upstairs to get my phone.

“Riley what the hell is going on?” he said stepping in front of me.

“I need you to do something for me I need you to keep an eye out for anyone that shouldn’t be here, anyone that looks like they are up to something. I have to go to Curtis’s house and I need you to trust me. I would take you but I can’t, Gage believes you killed his parents and wants you dead. I” My words were cut off by JP’s lips on mine. His fingers tangled in my hair, my body pressed to his when my back hit the wall. I hadn’t even felt us move but I was so lost in the kiss I wouldn’t have. When I couldn’t breathe anymore JP kissed down my neck sending my body into a frenzy.