"Did Emmy dye her hair?" He questions.

"Yes?" I reply smiling. Luckily, he doesn't poke into it more and heads into his closet. I continue to look through Mallory's Instagram. It's filled with selfies and more recently, pictures with Stephen, Charlie's brother. Charlie refuses to accept their relationship and it's causing tension in their brotherly relationship. So, I decided to take on the secret job of getting to the root of this. Suddenly my stomach growls and I remember my burning desire for pancakes.

"Charlieeeeee?" I ask, setting my phone down.

"Yes?" He asks poking his head out of the closet.

"Pleaseeeeeeee make me pancakessss." I whine.

"Meg... I can't. I have to go soon. My mom is forcing me to go get stuff for Valentines' Day tomorrow." He replies stepping out with a shirt in his hands.

"Can't you do it laterrr?" I ask and watch as he slips it over his toned body.

"Nope. My mom gave me a long list so if I wanna be done by the time we go to the doctor, I gotta go now." He frowns. I sigh and he quickly kisses my forehead and heads to the door.

"I love you." He smiles and shuts the door. I hear his feet on the steps and then they disappear. I grown and make my way downstairs.

"Hello Meghan Elizabeth." My mother greets me from the bar. She has a mug next to her and she's reading a magazine.

"Hi Momma. Can you make me pancakes? Charlie would of but he had to leave." I ask.

"Wow. I guess. Let me finish my tea first." She says lifting the mug to her lips. I groan and head over to the living room. I plop into the couch and turn on the tv. I find a random movie to occupy myself and grab a blanket. An hour later, my mom finally pours the batter into the pan. I close my eyes and smell the fresh aroma. As soon as the landline rings, my eyes fly open.

"Honey can you get that please?" My mom asks. I groan and remove myself from the couch. I grab the phone from the charger.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello. My name is Anya Stephens and I'm calling from Saint Annie's Hospital. I need to know if his parent or guardian for C. Puth is there." She squeaks.

"Charlie? Do you mean Charlie? I ask horrified."

"Is this a parent or guardian?" She squeaks again.

"No, but he's over eighteen and I'm-"

"I'm sorry Miss. I need to speak to a parent or guardian."

"Okay, one second."

"Deb! Deb! Deb?! Chuck?!" I holler out. Mrs. Puth comes half way down the stairs and looks my direction.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Th-They need you-" I tremble as I hand the phone over to her. All of a sudden, her eyes widen and she starts crying.

"Okay, I'll be over as soon as I can."

"What did they say?" I ask.

"Nothing. I need to go to the hospital and you need to stay here." She says and starts looking for her purse.

"But it's almost time for my prenatal! If you're going to Charlie I can just come with and drive with him." I reply.

"Meghan, you are staying here."

"But the appointment!"

"Charles won't be going to the damn appointment!" She hollers at me and I shrink back.

"He's been in an accident and they need me and his father down there. Not his slut." She spits at me.

"What?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"Meghan, I swear to God. If you go to the Emergency Room, I will hurt you. Charlie doesn't need you or your prostitution baby. You. Don't. Deserve. Him." She threatens and runs outside with Mr. Puth. I begin to tremble and when my mother walks into the living room, she runs and helps me sit on the couch.

"Meghan, calm down Sweetie. Calm down."

"I-I can't breathe." I gasp out, clutching my chest.

"Deep breaths, Honey. Breathe in-" I gasp for air and when I let it out the tears follow.

"Oh, Meghan. What happened?"

"H-His mom thin-nks that I don't d-deserve Charlie."

"Honey..."

"I just need to be alone." I whisper. I quickly walk back upstairs and slam my door.

[flashback over]

I start to cry and but nothing helps my sadness and frustration. I grab my phone and see a few texts from Mikky.

Meghan, it's bad.

He has a dislocated shoulder, a neck brace, his nose won't stop bleeding, a bunch of cuts, AND HE'S UNCONSCIOUS!

Meghan??

Meghan please answer me.

Stephen has his stupid girlfriend with him and she is getting super close to my mom.

Where are you????

"I'm sorry. I am not allowed to come. Please tell Charlie I love him if he wakes up."

Okay....

I manage to move myself to the closet and grab a pair of loose jeans. I also grab one of Charlie's white shirts and a knitted cardigan. I call Emmy and we head to my appointment. As soon as we park, I am ushered in and then into a room with a bunch of monitors. The nurse hands me a hospital gown and I quickly undress and put it on. I lay down on the stretcher and Emmy stands next to me.

"I'm sorry about Charlie's mom. She's being a real bitch."

"I-" I start but then there's a knock on the door.

"Come in." We both reply.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Andrews." The doctor answers.