Jay looks at me with hurt eyes and reaches out to me to grab my arm, I pull away, but not before I give him a chaste kiss on cheek.

"Sophia I ..."

I interrupt him and say, "I am sorry Jay", then run away from him. As I find the tree line that will lead to end of the forest I feel pain coursing through my body. It felt like I was going through my first shift all over again and I remembered that the Goddess told me I would experience my first shift as the white wolf after I met my mate. She said it would feel like my first shift. Soon I am on all fours and I look at my legs and see they are a blinding white. Once I am accustomed to my new wolf I keep running away from the mating games, from my mate.

Some images flash across my eyes and now I am in a huge field, filled fighting wolves.

I recognize my brother, Max, the rogue king, and Jay. I want to scream at them to stop fighting. As the scene plays out all the people I love die and the rogue king stands in the middle of the field howling in victory with the blood of my loved ones soaking his fur.

More images flash through my mind of me crying and visiting their graves.

Finally it stops on one scene. I am in a run-down house and I am panting, as if I had been running for a long time. I also feel as if my stomach is trying to eat itself. I am so weak I can hardly move. I hear a creak from behind me and turn towards the sound. I see the rogue king and I try to shift into my white wolf, but I am too weak.

He looks at me with a victorious glint in his eyes. "I finally have the white wolf in my grasp, now the werewolf community will be mine to rule. I really wished you would have taken my offer to join me."

I bow my head, not having the will to fight anymore. The rogue king had other ideas though, he tilted my chin up so I was staring directly into his eyes. He lifted his hand over his head, his claws extending. He lunges forward and his claws come down across my neck and I don't see anything.

I didn't think I would see anything more after that, but I was wrong. I see werewolf communities fighting each other. I see them expose themselves to the human government. I see them killing innocent people. I see the world turn into chaos.

------------------------------------------

I come out of that vision and see the Moon Goddess with a grave expression one her face. "Now Sophia I will show you what will happen if you accept your mate. I hope you will make the right decision Sophia, I really hope you do, for everyone's sake."

With that I go back into the visions.

------------------------------------------

"Sophia we should get going, get you out of the cold. We also need to sign the papers with the council, telling them that we are mates."

I look into his eyes which are filled with happiness and love. As I stare at him I feel my heart fill with joy and love for my mate. He stands up and pulls me up into his arms. I put my arms around his neck and smile at him and he smiles back. I pull myself up and kiss him. I only meant for it to be a quick peck, but he deepened the kiss and pulled me closer to him.

I pulled away and we walked to where the council would be waiting for the mates to sign the papers. When we see the tree line I felt the pain of the shift coming on again. Then I stood before Jay in my new wolf form that was a blinding white color. He stares at me in shock, but smiles and pets my fur and whispers, "You are beautiful."

The next scene I see Jay and I are with the Alpha King.

"What are we going to do? The rogue king will come looking for me soon and we need a plan of attack."

The Alpha King looks at me and says, "Yes Sophia we do, but we need to be patient and wait for them to make the first move."

"We need to make sure she is safe though." Jay tells the Alpha King and I smile warmly up at him and put my hand around his waist.

The next scene is the fight again, but this time it looks like we are winning.

We fight against the rogues and I am finally met with the rogue king. He snarls at me and lunges. Before he can touch me I jump out of the way and slash at his throat with my claws. My claws meet with his neck, but not enough to make it fatal. He lay on the ground for a few seconds, but it is enough for me to give the fatal blow and then it’s all over.

The next scenes are the same ones from my dreams. The one of the meadow, the baby, and of Jay and I happy.

Finally I am pulled out of the visions back into the real world with Jay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am back with Jay in the forest. I am still leaning against him. I sit up and look at Jay and then he finally speaks.

"Sophia we should get going, get you out of the cold. We also need to sign the papers with the council, telling them that we are mates."

I stare off into space trying to clear my head and decide. I didn't even realize I was crying until Jay wiped away my tears.

"Why are you crying sweetheart?"

I look up at him and caress his cheek and I know I have made my decision.

Authors Note

If anyone needs covers or any art things done message 808squeak. She made my covers for this book and one of my other books.